Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way into work this morning, old dude just put the sign on this rig. Pretty cool considering the age and condition. What do you think this thing might bring on egay ?? the ute runs pretty darn good. Ton's of old trucks & cars in this area.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
He's in the ballpark with the $2500 asking price. Depends on the engine size and condition. Overall from the pictures it looks great. A little work here and there and a bit of buffing and it's good as gold.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2500 is about what its worth on the bay. especially if its only a six banger. its cool but its not a car to flip and expect huge profit margains

·
Registered
31 Posts
$2500? That seems to be at the top of the price range for a Ranchero - as it appears in the pics. As an investment you'll never break even. As a daily driver you'll probably go away, for a long time, and be happy.

The biggest caveat regarding Rancheros is the back-half of the car. ANY bodywork will consume boatloads of time and money. The front-half is no problem - plenty of parts available. But the pickup portion is critical. They're only original once, and this one appears to be one of those creatures.

If you ever want to compare prices, try checking CL / Los Angeles; there are Rancheros every day of the week available - in all conditions of repair. Truth be told, plenty of people could buy a really nice ride in L.A., pay for a plane ticket and never regret doing so.

As a last note, seeing the dented rear bumper leads me to believe that there is about $400 ready to be spent (if you wanted it pristine).

All in all, a cool ride I have kept in the back of my mind forever and a day...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks like it needs a modern 302, 5 speed, and me in the drivers seat.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
That looks to me like an early 50's Ranchero. My dad got a '64 Ranchero free from a friend of his who was into classic Mustangs, back when I was a kid. He let me help work on it by having me hand sand all of the bedrail trim. The thing had no drivetrain, and four lug wheels. He swapped in the entire running gear from an old Mercury Comet that we pulled up from the junkyard (where we lived). He even fit the Mercury's dash into that thing! He painted it metallic brown, with gold in the recessed part of the middle body, along with light blue and orange highlights. Sure wish I had pics of it to share. That is one of the FEW vehicles that I'd ever trade my Supra for, just for sentimental reasons.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like an old worn out shoe to me.

It is a 1960......

That looks to me like an early 50's Ranchero. My dad got a '64 Ranchero free from a friend of his who was into classic Mustangs, back when I was a kid. He let me help work on it by having me hand sand all of the bedrail trim. The thing had no drivetrain, and four lug wheels. He swapped in the entire running gear from an old Mercury Comet that we pulled up from the junkyard (where we lived). He even fit the Mercury's dash into that thing! He painted it metallic brown, with gold in the recessed part of the middle body, along with light blue and orange highlights. Sure wish I had pics of it to share. That is one of the FEW vehicles that I'd ever trade my Supra for, just for sentimental reasons.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think they're ugly but it looks like it wouldn't take much to clean this one up if someone is into these.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what the hell is wrong with the look of an MKIII....

Edit: I think I see, you are hanging shit on Sawbladz...LOL

Love a Supra -----> Love em all !!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Just commenting on the fact that its different strokes for different folks...MKIII's don't do much for me personally....now a 7MGTE in a MKII yea now we are talking...:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts