Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am having trouble gettin my new diff. lined up with the mounting holes. :( i can get the 2 bolts closest to the drive shaft in but i cant get any of the other ones to go. any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
make sure that you have at least 2 people helping. it really makes a differance. and try using a jack to hold the diff up. but at the same time you have to balance it witch is kind a hard. good luck:)

·
Registered
793 Posts
oh man, I feel for ya! I did mine last year and it was NOT FUN!!! I used a floor jack and built a wood jig for the bottom so I could balance it on the jack. If I remember correctly, I think I lined up the side bolts first, and just put them in about a ¼ inch, just enough so they wouldn't flare the hole or pop out. Once you get those in, then go around and hand screw the rest in, making sure not to cross-thread that top bolt, as it seems to be the hardest one to get in! You may have to raise and lower the jack several times for each bolt to line up.
Overall, it took me 4 hours to remove the diff, and about 1½ hours to reinstall(damned road salt!)...

Look familiar???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts