Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on here much due to moving 1200 miles away, setting up the new place, and a variety of other things, including some nasty medical issues.

ANYWAY.....we're back, and I finally refinished the front bumper!
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Grille Motor vehicle

Just finished an oil change, and after a "preflight inspection", and a good bath, we'll be back on the road this week!

Missed everybody here, but sometimes life gets in the way of our plans!

- Jim

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Hi Jim,

Welcome back. I was wondering where you and Mrs. Swan were. Take care of yourself and keep us updated on you and the Mrs.

David

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That garage looks downright usable already, congrats on the move.
Thanks, Gamble. It took about a year to get things squared away in the garage. I wish it were heated, as it's a bit hard to work on things when it's 45* in there!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jim,

Welcome back. I was wondering where you and Mrs. Swan were. Take care of yourself and keep us updated on you and the Mrs.

David
I'll try my best, David. Doing my "preflight" today. and I'll probably at least back her out of the garage to clean things under it.

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
Glad you made it back here!
The more people gets back, the more interesting it gets!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did the usual "Classic Car" thing you always hear about.....We went out for some ice cream! Actually frozen custard from a local place, but we were out in Ms Swan for a little over two hours.
I've driven her more miles this week than in the last two years.

And it feels great!:love:

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Custard works, we've got a Culver's up the road that is great for the dessert stop, we also have an Andy's as well. Love em both, but I've got a huge sweet tooth haha
The place is called "Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers", and it would be a great place to gather at. "Freeway Close" (it's near a Costco), HUGE well-lit parking lot, and really good food.

Got my new steering wheel yesterday, and the hub arrived today. Went with the NRG stuff you recommended, and I'll get it installed tomorrow, after I go buy a steering wheel puller. Could probably gin up something, but I'd rather have a proper tool.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Put the new wheel on Friday night, but was busy so I couldn't take her out until Sunday. Put 10 gallons of 91 Octane Pure Gas in it, along with an ounce of StaBil. Within 5~8 miles it was running smoother, felt stronger, and the slight misfire at idle was gone. The gas that was in it was four years old, with StaBil, but still. It had about 4 gallons of old gas still in it, so the next project is to go burn out that tank of fuel, and get it refilled with the 91 Oct Pure Gas again. It's $5.09/gallon at the place I went to, but there's another place a few blocks away that sells it, so I'll see how much his goes for.

[email protected], we have Culver's out here, too. The milk shakes and other goodies are superb, but Freddy's has better burgers.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part

1 - 12 of 12 Posts