Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys... I have just finished up wiring up my MSD 2-step on my MSD 6BTM and also wiring up the necessary wires and switches for my line-lock...

I went to the track last saturday for the Battle of the Imports at VMP in VA and tested the 2-step with a 3000 rpm pill for launch rpm and 6000 rpm pill for the burnout

The line-lock hold the car at the water box very effectively while the 2-step is keeping the 6000 rpm set to make my Mickey Thompson Indy Profile S/S tires and keeping the temp constanst... I maid some really nice burnout even thought the MT's does not make a whole lot of smoke... the tires are really sitcky

Well during my staging on the tree... I set my 2-step for launch at 3000 rpm... with the MSD doing its job keeping it at 3000 rpm and the sticky tires... I was able to get out of the hole like a bullet and keeping the rpm consistent giving me a 0.535-0.587 reaction times... the sticky tires kept the tires from spinning even with the 3000 rpm launch.... before the 2 step, I had the MT's for a while and every time I launch at 3000 rpm... the tires would just spin and the tail of the car uncontrolled... but now it has a lot of power getting out of the hole with out the problem of keeping the RPM set at 3000

JAY

when I get the pictures from my friend... I will post the burn out pics...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well to start with... I don't have the strongest engine here... to start off
my mods are as follows:

3.0L 6MGE bored .030 over
8.0:1 Ross Racing pistons (forged)
7MGTE rods
2.0mm HKS MHG
AEM 1:1 RRFPR set at 38 psi
MSD 6BTM w/ 2-step
ARP head studs/ main studs/ rod bolts

with my current set-up.... my 60 ft times still suck due to the low powered 6MGE engine... but I was hitting a 2.5 consistent... it is nothing to be impressed about... but with more practice on the tree and the 2-step... and once I installed back the CT-26.... now we are gonna hit it hard and hopefully hit some 1.8 60's or better

best ET/mph is 17.17 @ 80.15... from what I have gathered from my 5 runs... I was gaining more mph at the end of the run

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Very nice. Doesn't matter about the times. All we really want to see is a MKII on the track! BTW, glad to hear you didn't tear it up. You still on for the MD meet? And are we meeting someplace in Va to caravan up?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Muchbzy said:
Very nice. Doesn't matter about the times. All we really want to see is a MKII on the track! BTW, glad to hear you didn't tear it up. You still on for the MD meet? And are we meeting someplace in Va to caravan up?
What MD meet?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is the Mid-Atlantic Supra Meet at Maryland International Speedway...

Magnus if you are available that weekend... I will be organizing a Caravan to MD for this meet coming from Va beach

1 - 6 of 6 Posts