Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys... I have just finished up wiring up my MSD 2-step on my MSD 6BTM and also wiring up the necessary wires and switches for my line-lock...

I went to the track last saturday for the Battle of the Imports at VMP in VA and tested the 2-step with a 3000 rpm pill for launch rpm and 6000 rpm pill for the burnout

The line-lock hold the car at the water box very effectively while the 2-step is keeping the 6000 rpm set to make my Mickey Thompson Indy Profile S/S tires and keeping the temp constanst... I maid some really nice burnout even thought the MT's does not make a whole lot of smoke... the tires are really sitcky

Well during my staging on the tree... I set my 2-step for launch at 3000 rpm... with the MSD doing its job keeping it at 3000 rpm and the sticky tires... I was able to get out of the hole like a bullet and keeping the rpm consistent giving me a 0.535-0.587 reaction times... the sticky tires kept the tires from spinning even with the 3000 rpm launch.... before the 2 step, I had the MT's for a while and every time I launch at 3000 rpm... the tires would just spin and the tail of the car uncontrolled... but now it has a lot of power getting out of the hole with out the problem of keeping the RPM set at 3000

JAY

when I get the pictures from my friend... I will post the burn out pics...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well to start with... I don't have the strongest engine here... to start off
my mods are as follows:

3.0L 6MGE bored .030 over
8.0:1 Ross Racing pistons (forged)
7MGTE rods
2.0mm HKS MHG
AEM 1:1 RRFPR set at 38 psi
MSD 6BTM w/ 2-step
ARP head studs/ main studs/ rod bolts

with my current set-up.... my 60 ft times still suck due to the low powered 6MGE engine... but I was hitting a 2.5 consistent... it is nothing to be impressed about... but with more practice on the tree and the 2-step... and once I installed back the CT-26.... now we are gonna hit it hard and hopefully hit some 1.8 60's or better

best ET/mph is 17.17 @ 80.15... from what I have gathered from my 5 runs... I was gaining more mph at the end of the run

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is the Mid-Atlantic Supra Meet at Maryland International Speedway...

Magnus if you are available that weekend... I will be organizing a Caravan to MD for this meet coming from Va beach

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.