Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a 6A on their car. I just purchased mine today. I am trying to replace the coil and igniter. I bought another coil with the 6A. Do I need to keep the igniter? And also if anyone has a schematic or can draw something up for the wiring and what hooks up where.

I NEED TO GET MY CAR RUNNING....

Ron
83 mkII 85 block .20 over, Rabid Chimp air filter, 2.5 exhaust.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Some folks have this, hopefully they can help you with the wiring but it should be pretty easy. You probably will need a tach adapter to make the stock tach work or you can run an aftermarket tach directly off the MSD box. You need to keep the ignitor. You also will need to mount the MSD box somewhere in the car somewhere, or else it will get heat soaked and cause the car to stop running.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
okay I don't have the schematics on hand but as soon as I get home I will scan it for you... basically you have to reuse the igniter or it won't work at all...

you should have the MSD 6 box, tach adpater PN 8910 to make everything work

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jommelandapple/vwp?.dir=/Mail+Attachments&.dnm=msd_wiring.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

heavy RED = 12V battery
heavy BLACK = ground

from the igniter wire...
red = white wire from igniter
white = black wire from igniter

NOTE: you have to run the tach adapter inline with the RED and WHITE of the MSD wires

to the coil...
orange = positive coil
black = negative coil

if you have anymore questions about the install... just email me at [email protected]

JAY

·
Registered
120 Posts
fast83 said:
Has anyone put a 6A on their car. I just purchased mine today. I am trying to replace the coil and igniter. I bought another coil with the 6A. Do I need to keep the igniter? And also if anyone has a schematic or can draw something up for the wiring and what hooks up where.

I NEED TO GET MY CAR RUNNING....

Ron
83 mkII 85 block .20 over, Rabid Chimp air filter, 2.5 exhaust.
You can replace the coil, but not the ignitor. You must have the tach/fuel adaptor or the car will not run at all. I placed the msd sideways next to the original coil location after modifing the coil bracket. I had to bend one tab to make it work. The iginitor is still on top of the coil with only one screw to hold it down. I placed the tach fuel adaptor in the space in front of the radiator to the left (as your looking at the front of the car) of the right headlight. The Tach/fuel adaptor heated up badly. The current location solved the heat issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts