Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
19" Frame, 29" Wheels, 100MM Full Suspension ---24.5 LBS in Stock form: this is a sick XC race bicycle, upgrading to full sram xx 2x10 with stans wheels. shaving 2+LBS

Back ordered till July, so they are basically SOLD OUT !!

Anyone want deep discounts on Trek/Fisher/Surly/Felt/Haro/Mirraco/ bicycles, let me quote you a price shipped:

·
Registered
244 Posts
i have two boys one has a older haro, handed down from my older son, he has been asking for a new one. the other boy just paid over $400 for a new fit and bent the forks in two weeks. he may be thinking about going back to a haro.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
montanasupra,
the kids around here were into FIT bikes last year, they are all coming back to HARO......I would recommend the 2010 Mirraco Bikes...they are awesome and most have full Cromo frames/forks.

FIT.....F_ _ _ _ IT <-----I would not buy my kid an F IT bike.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Nice! I got my Gary Fisher Race Day ProCaliber 29er early last year. It's loaded. Bontrager, Shimano, SRAM, RockShox, Genesis geometry. Medium frame. Great bikes.

·
Registered
13,116 Posts
Good lord that's a light 100mm factory bike.

I cruise the last year of the Cr-mo HooKooEKoo's and beat the holy living snot out of it, if I upgrade to a full-susp bike, it'll be another Fisher fo-sho.

Those of you who've run a 29, is it worth the cost/weight?

--BillyM

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I love the components. Looks like a Fox RP2/3 rear shock?
Billy, my shop in Chattanooga had a demo GF SuperCaliber_29 a while back. It took me a little getting used to. The turning radius was a little larger but it's great for just cruising over stuff. Personally though, I've stuck with 26". It's easier to find 29er stuff than it used to be, but every shop carries 26". For what I do/did, I find smaller wheels are better for me.
BTW the coolest Fisher I've come across was "The Grateful Dead" Edition (pre Trek).

·
Registered
479 Posts
New Gary Fishers are gaining popularity around here in AZ and they look good. I just replaced my many years of great riding Specialized FSR with 2010 Stumpjumper FSR Elite (26") under the warranty replacement program due to a cracked frame. Mine (~ 29lbs) is nowhere as light the the GF XC bikes, but the SJ FSR leans towards all mtn with 140mm F&R travel. 29'rs are gaining popularity as well, but 26" still the main choice due to pretty technical trails here in AZ. Spent a week with friends riding Crested Butte, Monarch Crest, Kenosha Pass and around Breckenridge this summer. Colorado is an epic state to ride in during the hot summers here in AZ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts