Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,450 Posts
Note if you're using PLA its not going to hold up in a car unless you live in like Alaska.

·
Super Moderator
8,450 Posts
transition temp of the plastic is low which is why its easy to print with. I've had the stuff warp just sitting on my covered patio.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
transition temp of the plastic is low which is why its easy to print with. I've had the stuff warp just sitting on my covered patio.
interesting.This car doesn’t see the outside much so I will keep an eye on it. Maybe it’s a new print every year on those.

thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Can confirm -
Can confirm - printed some "high-temp PLA" sunroof visor clips for a buddy's 944 and they sagged to a point of uselessness at about 90F and sunny outside temps.

...that said, where they are located and being that they have no real stresses to speak of, they may be totally fine.

--billyM

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Can confirm -

Can confirm - printed some "high-temp PLA" sunroof visor clips for a buddy's 944 and they sagged to a point of uselessness at about 90F and sunny outside temps.

...that said, where they are located and being that they have no real stresses to speak of, they may be totally fine.

--billyM
Do you use ABS to fix that or something carbon infused?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts