Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was reading Mark's post about RabidChimp and started to make a list of the people who have contributed so much to the MkII community over the years.

Here are the main peeps that I see putting their time into the community (in no order):

- Aaron Garney (RabidChimp, 5M-GTE writeup)
- Leslie Grover (strut bars, badges, and shirts)
- Chris Eng, TomD, Phil Dupler (gurus)
- Stephen Sidman (web sites)
- Mike Malloy (celicasupra.com and original FAQ, etc)
- Jim King (big brake kit, 7M-GTE writeup, etc)
- Don Culbertson and Shawn Pease (7M-GTE conversions)
- Jimi Burst (posters)
- Norbie (2JZ-GTE write-up)

Thank you folks so much for your time and energy. You guys are the backbone of the community and have been since back when I started.

Please add to the list if there's someone that I forgot. B.S. replies will be piped to the round file.
-Chris

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Nice list Mr. Wick!!! :D 8) Thanks for the "shoutout"!!!

FYI, Jimi's last name is Burst. Sten Thornburg's name should also go here, since we used his equipment/facilities to make them.

Hrmm... Maybe throw in Jeff Tamulis's name as well, for his 7M-GTE conversions that he is doing.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CJSREDPRA said:
FYI, Jimi's last name is Burst.
Thanks, man. I thought so, but it's so uncommon of a name that I didn't want to screw up if it was just a nickname.

You're the man. Always providing advice and insight into very detailed issues.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I too have thanked Aaron, Mike, and Phil on these pages and would love to jump on the bandwagon and say it again, thanks. :hail: To all the others on the list I've read your comments and used the information for myself or to pass on to someone else. This is the single best car organization or group of owners that I have ever been associated with. Keep up the good work and good information. :clap:

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
No doubt, hats off to everyone!

Cant forget:
Robert Boeck who helped me out with the FAQ and a good number of the magazine articles.
James Razor for being the resident wheel expert and giving list members good deals
Greg G for faq contributions and more magazine articles
Dan Mac for the cs.com logo
Silver mk2 for a bunch of well rounded info
Quick for being super moderator
Don L for being resident race suspension expert
Karaki for hooking up the Braid connection
Dean A for being a great host and mk2 meet organizer

and so on.......

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yea all you folks deserve some thanks for making a sensible forum that is accessable to pretty much everybody......yet consistantly level headed enough to keep out all the shit talking that seems to plauge just about every other one. :clap:

Oh yea you also need a thumbs up emotion.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Angkistrodon- its kind of small but its there :thumbup:

hey quick :greatpos:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Ahhh......Now I see :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I agree with all the names mentioned already.

I want to add Seamus Epp, hood and leather seat group buy extraordinaire, plus it sounds like he throws a mean mk2 party!

Plus there are a lot of people not previously mentioned who have a wealth of experience and experiments with their mk2's and give us great info, William B., Stan, Dave A., Phil D. and the list goes on.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Ditto to all the names mentioned, I think Jeff Tamilus also deserves a shout out, he's converted many mkII's to turbo for folks from what I understand and I plan on taking mine to him for the conversion when I have the coin lined up. Great peeps around here no doubt!

Eric
:eek: ---that's me giving a shout out!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
82Spearco said:
I want to add Seamus Epp, hood and leather seat group buy extraordinaire, plus it sounds like he throws a mean mk2 party!
I'll second that - the amount of help (and patience... aaaand more patience) he's shown with me and my clinically insane ways truly earns him the name 'suprafiend'. Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thank you Mr. Wick for bringing this the the fore. I have met many of the people you mentioned personally and have done business with a few of them and they are all great people in addition to their contributions to the MkII crowd.

The thread about RC being a scr*w had my blood boiling there for a minute. I felt cheated when I got to the end and found it locked. :mad:

Its probably a good thing Mikey locked the thread,.... :bad-word:
I'd have been :banme: for sure for inappropriate language.

A large thanks to all the peeps mentioned here.
Jamie

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Great list of people,from all of you.

Thanks Chris,never thought of myself as a big contributer.I do it for the fun and friendships,lord knows it isn't the money :wink:

Personaly,I think I have learned something from all the above mentioned people,and several more I'm sure.

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
yeah, ive learned alot from members on this board and have helped many as well, thats what the board is here for, so we can all learn from each other. thanks chad for mentioning me. i do what i can to help. :D
william

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ive also gotta say thanks to you fine folks, all of you, mentioned or not.
for a couple things, but mostly for making me love my car more everytime i post on here.
everytime someone brings up some cool design feature, or posts how to do a repair, or highlights a kill...just makes for good reading.

·
Old timer...
322 Posts
No doubt, hats off to everyone!
Dan Mac for the cs.com logo
Wow, how long ago did I make that? I am glad to see it still the logo, since it is SO mk2..

·
Registered
873 Posts
i highly agree also, as i have learned more than i ever would have expected from reading a forum. thanks guys! i appreciate all the help, knowledge, and time invested in this site. this is by far the best supra related forum on the net.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts