Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this in another thread - it's too good not to share.

pdupler said:
Multiple Supra Syndrome (MSS) is a rare but seldom fatal disease of the central nervous system. It is characterized by insatiable desire to possess every Supra the patient sees regardless of its condition. Actual possession of more than one Supra occurs only in the advanced stages of the disease at which point there is no known cure. If detected in the early stages, radical surgery to remove all cash and credit cards from the patients wallet and bank accounts may be temporarily effective, however, subsequent surgeries may be necessary. Surgery should only be used as a last resort as recovery is incredibly painful and side effects of treatment may be that the patient turns to a life of crime to satisfy his/her cravings.

The exact cause of this troubling affliction is unknown, however, it seems to be spread through contact with contaminated lubricants. :wink:

Dr. Dupler

·
Registered
793 Posts
roflmao! :rotfl:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I knew it was a disease! having owned 5 different supras, 4 of which in questionable condition, over the course of 2 years... I can relate to anyone suffering from this "illness"(?)

and just lately I was considering saving my money to buy another supra... Just incase!

so who has the worst case of MSS?

I know SliP has 3 cars... Thats just off the top of my head...

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Does it have to be all MKII's, or can it be MGSS?? (Multi Generation Supra Syndrome).

If it's MGSS, then I can think of 3 peeps. Christian E. DanMac, and Damon Saul. And maybe TomD, depending on what he currently has stashed out in his yard at the moment... :p

If it's all MKII's.... Not sure at the moment.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm no doctor, but the name suggests Supras in general. MMK2SS might be SliP's specific disease. :D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Well I think it also has an evolved variant that includes all cars with the same motor: Cressida, GS300, SC300, IS300. Also known as - MGSSe

83 Celica GT 88-94
85 mk2 93-98
86 mk2 91-present
93.5 mk4 96 - present
01 IS300 00 - present

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Supra GTR said:
Well I think it also has an evolved variant that includes all cars with the same motor: Cressida, GS300, SC300, IS300. Also known as - MGSSe
I can relate to that. AFAIK I was one of the earlier peeps with M2JZS, although you appear to have beat me to it. :)

02 IS300 - 7/02 - present
94 JZA80 - 7/01 - present

I believe I coined the term MGSS as well. ...back when I had the MkII and the MkIV at the same time. Woot! ;)

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i am coming out of denial, i suffer from mss, i've had surgery twice but have not been cured....lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've heard that there is a radiation treatment for the most serious cases of MSS and MGSS...

it basically just demagnitizes your debit and credit cards. :D

·
Registered
830 Posts
i think i need another supra. just sold the 83 today. now im down to 3 supras :( NEED MORE. hehe the new buy and sell comes out on thursday :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I had a case of MGSS, which I thought I had cured, but I am may be developing a case of MSS now... :dancin:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
My case of MSS must be incurable. I'm at 4 Mk2's and counting. :roll:

82 - road racing car.
83 - the one that started it all, owned it for 15 years!
84 - was a restoration/project race car, now for sale.
86 - bodykit, rims, custom paint, tint, etc... bling-bling car (which my g/f loves).

I just need an 85 to complete the collection. Help me please!

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
help you please? Help cure you of MSS or help feed your addiction and find you an 85? :lol:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hehe, radical treatment by rearending of another car to try and remove my MSS only made it worse by forcing me to buy yet more supras! I have antibiotic-resistant MSS!

·
Premium Member
5,576 Posts
Crash has been diagnosed with MSS. He bought my 84 today. I'm back down to 3 mk2s and Crash now has 2.
BTW, my sister calls me an MSG - Multiple Supra Geek - with my triplets parked head to toe in the drive - and they're all white w/black trim - Pandas.
Now I will have room to do the heart transplants. I have another 6mge and a 7mgte in the garage just waiting to be installed in place of the 5m's.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ah, you beat me to posting that. Yes, it's true, I now have MSS. I can't imagine that's a bad thing, though time will tell...

·
Founding Member
6,434 Posts
You know you've got a terminal case when you start selling your other possessions to make room or money for Supras. :wink: Seriously tho, I'm learning that its increasingly difficult to keep one Supra pristine when you have to split your attention between several. Parts cars are OK I think because you don't have to wash and wax and change the oil in them.

Phil D.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm suffering from MGSS withdrawal right now! There were two Supra's in my driveway until Thursday when some rude person thought I needed some adjustment and ran into me. Talk about pain and suffering. I need a fix quick! I gotta get another Supra before I keel over and die.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
pdupler said:
Seriously tho, I'm learning that its increasingly difficult to keep one Supra pristine when you have to split your attention between several. Parts cars are OK I think because you don't have to wash and wax and change the oil in them.

Phil D.
Amateur :lol:

Regards,
James R

1 - 20 of 20 Posts