Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because of mounting medical bills and being on LOA from work I had to move back into an apartment. This ment moving a few cars to my parents, one being the '85. It hadn't been started since the crazy fun-runs of last summer. While covered in dust, and still rocking trash bag box inside, i fired it up. Outside temps were 55F, perfect turbo weather. After a few pulls I noticed the boost level was 19.5psi in 3rd and it went like stink! Anyways, most the trip was uneventfull till the last mile or so.

Before turning off the main road to the parents, i noticed a new white BMW 3 series rappidly passing people behind me. I decided not to turn off but kept going - he was mine! By this time he was behind me so I rolled into 4th - just enough to hold him off. We were about round a hairpin corner which leads 1/4 mile straight followed by 2 hills and another long straight(locals will know this spot):). At this time he was glued to my ass going around the corner. I was in second gear rounding it quickly as possible, DRs and all. When car got straight I gave it the beans! The wastegate roared to life and rear wheels broke loose a little. He dropped back 3 cars then i shifted into 3rd and she really started pulling. It was so scary I drove down the center lane(no other cars around). Shifted into 4th for a few seconds, then and laid on brakes with the hills approaching. I look in the mirror and the M3 150 feet back! Hit both hills around 50mph and by this time he's on my ass again. At the top and shorter straight, I monstered it again till the end of 3rd. He dropped back bus lengths and I pulled over in order to turn back. He passed by, tail between his legs, standing on it with all 4 exhaust outlets bellowing a nice v8 sound. It was a coupe too.

It felt great and i love this car again - probably going to dyno again soon.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Gave it to the beans! Love it...

Nice destruction....they always seem to wanna play. The new ones are quick-I think around 414hp but polly a little heavy too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I absolutely love reading this. I've lurked on some of the BMW forums doing research for a friend of mines e36 and they are just really full of themselves and their cars. If it don't have the spinning propeller on the hood then it is just a terrible vehicle. Not going to say all of them but a good chunk of their community, just unbearable. Favorite line when getting beat is, I'm still driving a BMW. Anyhow congrats on a great kill.

·
Super Moderator
10,488 Posts
Well I hope things turn around for you Wade and you get back into the scene. Sounds like the ol 85 is still running great. Maybe I'll see you at the next meet!

Yeah those m3s are super heavy, 3800lbs I belive.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Great story!

·
Registered
70 Posts
things like this make me want to write off the idea that there is no replacement for displacement.. its all about that BOOST! love it tho, those snobby BMW drivers need to be put in there place by our old school yota power =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts