Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i was really looking to avoid this movie, only because i dont like the fact that now there is gonan be a 'new breed' of rice. all the kids who missed out on the original fnf are now gonna bring a whole new load of bull to the streets.

however, after finally watching the MTV Icon: Metallica, and watching a trailor of 2f2f, and noticed how a mustang get totally destroyed by a semi truck, i must go spend my $8.50 jsut to watch that scene.

this thread probably makes no sence to anyone.. i was just bored and felt like posting something :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
No..I saw the trailer too... and despite all the misgivings I have about it...I am gonna spend my $6.00 (matinee showing) to go see it...

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Hell, I'll flip for a prime time showing, this way I can make fun of all the ricers who will be hanging out in the parking lot ;)

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Mauled Mustang? As if destroying the Dodge Charger in the first one wasn't bad enough... As I haven't seen the trailer, I have to ask- what year 'Stang?

But what really turns me off this movie: According to a magazine I was reading, there is a race scene where a MK IV crashes into a billboard. Not sure if the car is going to make it out more or less intact or not.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It is a new mustang...absolutely no great loss what so ever :p Kind of sayisfying :twisted: :oops:

-Wil

·
Super Moderator
8,393 Posts
Its supposed to be a newer Saleen Mustang IIRC. Has anybody seen the stupid graphics they have on the MkIV? I swear it looks just like well... a ... giant weiner down the side of the car. They must be trying to draw in the female crowd this time around :lol: .

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The Mk IV they wreck in the movie was already wrecked anyway... They got it from a scrap yard, dressed it up so it looked ok.. and then re-wrecked it... Its not even a turbo mk IV... So on that account, they are ok. They gave a dead soldier a second chance :wink:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I think....

Us Mk2 guys should all get together at a movie theater and watch it....like, a shit load of us. Critique it, laugh at it...yell in unison "fucking ricers" and stuff like that.

It would be a good bonding experience, and we could sneak in flasks of Schnapps and other delicious beverages. :) I think Vegas would be a good place to view it too.

Heh.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Well, at least its not a '68 Shelby or Cobra Jet...

Also, I'll assume they use a base Mustang dressed up to look like a Saleen. And I didn't know that about the Supra... but still... I get a sinking sensation in the pit of my stomach when I see wrecked Supras (or Mustangs for that matter). :cry:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'll pay full price to see it too, what can I say? It's fun, and all the blowoff valves!!! The mustang getting trashed will be great too, but I hear that they wreck a Yenko 427 Camaro (clone) which is just WRONG! I'll go to show off my pimp ti-eet MKI to all the punk ass kids, they won't know what hit 'em!

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
ACK! So they do thrash a classic muscle car! I'm not a fan of Camaros, but destroying a classic muscle car is wrong no matter what it is.

LOL, this coming from someone who is about to watch the monster truck world finals on Speed Channel...

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Just saw the preview while watching the monster truck world finals. The semi LITERALLY runs over the Mustang, crushing it flat. :mad: :cry:

I didn't see the Supra get smashed though. Still, looks like more racing action, less plot. Typical sequal.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I dont intend to get out of topic here but SilverMk2 man i find your avatar extremly amusing. :lol:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
HCogeHC said:
I dont intend to get out of topic here but SilverMk2 man i find your avatar extremly amusing. :lol:
Hijacking threads again huh.... :roll:

well back on topic... seeing a stang getting crushed, a riced out mk4 and seeing if I spot out a mk2 <--- my reasons to going to see this movie :wink:

·
Registered
790 Posts
What is it with Hollywood and thrashing old-school muscle cars? 68 Mustang CJ, 70 Charger, and now the Yenko in this... I'm still amazed (and pleasantly suprised) the GTO in XXX came out ok.

PS, for all you you cringe at the thought of a Mk IV getting banged up, go over to SF and ask them if a Mk II (or any other model) is a real Supra. There are some cool Mk IV owners (especially in the NW :) ), but a lot of them are pricks. Just pretend it was one of there cars...

·
Registered
66 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
I think....

Us Mk2 guys should all get together at a movie theater and watch it....like, a shit load of us. Critique it, laugh at it...yell in unison "fucking ricers" and stuff like that.

It would be a good bonding experience, and we could sneak in flasks of Schnapps and other delicious beverages. :) I think Vegas would be a good place to view it too.

Heh.
LOL, that sounds like a blast. And we could temporarily mount those cheesy new "wings" that every crappy civic out here has on our rides.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hell, I'll flip for a prime time showing, this way I can make fun of all the ricers who will be hanging out in the parking lot
Yea, thats the best part. When i watched 1st FnF, all the kids were revving up and peeling out on the way out of the theater. One kid, driving what must have been his dad's new pickup truck (cant remember what it was..one of the smaller ones..s10 or ranger) tried to get tight making a left out of the theater. Thing was the sprinklers had been on and everything was wet. He lost it and hopped the far curb/divider (concrete sidewalk and about 10ft of grass), took out a small tree, and ended up in the Barnes & Nobles parking lot. That was some funny shiet. We got in our car and drove over there. Once we saw no one was hurt (except for the poor truck), we proceeded to point and laugh.

Christian

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd have to say. Even though i hated the first movie and everything that it turned honda owners into. I'll probably see the sequel just for the fact that all of the lifted trucks run over the cop cars in that one scene. Other then that it's a bunch of stupid acting that's going to lead to a lot of deaths due to street racing.
And from what i could tell from the trailor it looks like it's a rap/rice boy filled twist on Smokey and the Bandit. With crappier cars of course

1 - 20 of 52 Posts