330----6.803--------------6.144
1/8----10.38--------------8.986
mph---68.9---------------86.91
1000--13.459-------------11.388
1/4----16.06--------------13.387
mph---86.63-------------112.83

:mk2vroom:

#9 ·
it was only a 3500 rpm(i let the car drop about 500 rpm with the clutch befor full ingagement of the clutch) launch if you look you can see the car nose down of the line -- tire psi was 27 -- i should have ben getting 2.2 60 fts but i just couldnt get the timing right well i did but the runs i got a 2.2 60 i missssssssss shifted --- with a 2.2 60ft at 112/113 mph i should run like a 12.90 or so.
i still need to toon my car this run is on stock ecu

#10 ·
Joseph,

some of the guys here have gone to Yoshio's in House Dyno. You can eliminate the need for an AFC as he does custom tuning of your 7mgte ecu...cost is approx $800cnd for the custom tuning and reprogramming of the ecu. If you need more info on this let me know as Andrew has just finished this procedure.

If you want to do your own tuning there are tonnes of dyno's here that are available. I can look into prices if that's the route you want to do.

Let me know man if there's anything i can do.

#11 ·
Woohoo im in the vid for like four seconds :flex:
trdmkii said:
zank was sleeping on reaction time, he took off like a 1/2 second after you.......its that ford blue engine that screws him up
Yep its the Ford blue engine :lol:. It was my first time at the track that night. I tried following Daves tips but I guess I need more practice :3gears: :p :toilet:

karaki said:
That was one sweet run....yahoo...Poor Zank...he must have been like :shock:
Yep, thats the first time I'v seen the rear lights of mk2 :twisted:

I kind of messed up at first, I over passed the line and I had to back up :oops: :suicide:

BTW nice run Dave :clap:

#12 ·
Very nice run, Dave. What do you think you are running...300+ rwhp?

#13 ·
I'm no drag-racing expert but on my 1st ever trip to the track I ran a 13.4 at 104 running 8-9psi. The real key is the 60 foot time. It's really best to ride the clutch hard in 1st gear which lets you leave the line MUCH harder than dumping. Dumping the clutch will only cause one of two things: boging and the other spining, sometimes both.

Nice run onedic, you really should be in 12s judging by that MPH. IMO, 22psi in the tires and a good clutch ride in 1st gear will get you 12s

#14 ·
i realy dont know how my power is but yes im 300 + on the ground. and yea i know i should have had a better 60 but i was having some clutch problems act 6 puck that dusnt hold the power so i cant let it slipp to much cuz if i do it will only do that slip. once i get my r154 in with a new clutch things should be better. i was happy with the mph thow. i hit 113 my next run so i know the car can do it its just can i launch it right. im guna give it another try at vegas. Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.