Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as some have seen I got a 1982 Supra L-Type that had a bad tranny. With the help of a great guy got the trans out today! Also got my donor car to do my 5-spd swap. Got some other stuff done today swapped a hatch and removed the exhaust. Will post more soon. Thanks for help!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Nice hockey stripes - looks good with the hatch swap - Is that the original color?:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks yea it is the original color just faded bad. I have to get the whole car painted in time. Then I will be looking to get another set of the strips.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

The new clutch in place.
Looking at this picture made me laugh to myself a little (because of what I did).

Last summer I forgot to put lock tight on the flywheel bolts, I torqued them down to spec (like 72 or 82 ftpds) and they F***ing backed out on me!:duh:

I talked to a friend who said he never puts lock tight on, but he also doesn't have a torque wrench, so he just wings it (so he probably gets it tighter than 82 ftpds).

Good luck, looks like you're making progress.

Tony

·
Registered
456 Posts
i didnt catch it, but did you say any where if you were replacing the seals or not.... i know you already have the clutch in place and wouldnt want to take that appart again, but you might want to think about front and rear mains on the trans... they are only a couple of bucks each thru rockauto.com and they usually show up in a day or two...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is time to celebrate!! The car is back on the road! Did the pedal swap today and got it put back together. I will try to have some pics up tomorrow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to thank Erik aka (erikjelmauto) for helping me bleed out my clutch today! He was present for the supra wheels turning under their own power yesterday! I took the car to my sleep study with no problems! Now all the minor stuff comes. I think I will be able to come to the meet on Sunday!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts