Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

This is my 1985 Celica Supra fitted with a 2JZGE purchased from Blacksupra.

Glen did an amazing job building the car to a point where all it needed was some cosmetic stuff and a few more tweaks, I guess the need for 7M Turbo power was all too much.

First on the list of things to do was strip the car, remove all the rust spots and give it a new coat of paint. It was a difficult decision whether to keep the two tone, I decided to go with a single colour with the standard black bumpers and wing.

Next was window tint all round, replace the radiator, connect and regas the air conditioning. After a recent dyno day I decided the opposition was getting too close (you know who you are Nathan), extractors, a new CAI and bigger Cat Converter was the obvious easy path.

4" Cat Converter

Inside the Airbox

Duct from air box to under front bar

Sigh :eek: Extractors again, can't get enough

Heat Shield

Only other upgrades I am considering would be brakes and maybe 5 stud hubs. I have a cressida lip to go on in the next week or so with another lip to chop up to extend the sides to the wheel arch.

Power at the rear wheels was 130kW before the extractors etc, I am putting back on the dyno in the next few weeks, it will be interesting to see how much of an increase it will have.

Specs of the car at the moment:

ENGINE ACCESSORIES
2.5" exhaust system from custom ceramic coated extractors
Custom heat shield
4" high flow cat converter
Twin 12" thermo fans
HKS Pod filter, carbon fibre air box and ducted cold air intake
Power steering cooler

DRIVE LINE HARDWARE
JZA80 W58 5 speed gearbox
Lightweight custom billet flywheel (1kg lighter than stock)
4 Puck sprung center ceramic button clutch
Heavy duty Exedy pressure plate

SUSPENSION
Tokico shocks
King Springs standard height
Super Pro Polyurethane bushes all round
Rear strut brace

WHEELS
Simmons OM 16x7 and 16x8
Front tyre's: 225/50/16
Rear tyre's: 245/45/16

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Really nice stuff, I too have a 85 two tone and Im lovin it. So oldschool toyota. Good job on the work, its just too bad you had to lose the two tone. Good stuff though

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
karaki said:
Wow....that is one sweet ride...love the headers...love'm!!!! The simmons are so hot on that car...congrats on the purchase!!! Hope we see some more pictures/stories from this ride in the near future...welcome aboard.
Yes, beautiful 'extractors' and OMs.

What does the piping do after the cat?
Two 2.5" into 4" cat, then from the cat is it 4" to a dual 2.5" tip muffler?

Ken

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dangerous Ken said:
Yes, beautiful 'extractors' and OMs.

What does the piping do after the cat?
Two 2.5" into 4" cat, then from the cat is it 4" to a dual 2.5" tip muffler?

Ken
From the Cat back I only have 2.25" to a single tip 3" muffler, I will review this after the Dyno run, seems to work ok for now plus it looks fairly stock.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Thanks for the info.
Twin 2.5" pipes equal a single 3.5" pipe in area.

Problem I've found is you have to modify the inlet of the muffler since most are 2-2.5" inlet. If you can't do that modding yourself, another solution is just get a 3.5" resonator and put a tip on the end.

Hate to see a beautiful n/a system restricted at the very end.
Please post dynos when gotten.

Ken

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.