Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2JZGE build & swap **Need help**

It started off as a free long block 2JZGE that I scored on criegslist. I stored it in my old garage for about a year while I collected and cleaned parts. Recently we moved into a bigger house with a 2 car garage, Now I have the space to get this ball rolling. so here it is ill start off with what I accomplished this weekend.

So far I have collected:

ecu
harness
engine mount's
rebuild kit

I need:

starter
maf
distrubor

pistons out:

pistons cleaned at work:

pistons with new bearings

pistons with new rings and caps

Cylinder head: I still need to do the valves= Next weekend

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm a die-hard M-series fan, but dayumn that is a sweet straight six. Once, I found a longblock 2J in the bowels of an incredibly sketchy parking garage. I've never been more tempted to "rescue" something, but I didn't. Is the 5M from the 84 still around, by any chance? :naughty:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yea it's still around, still in the car lol I'll have it out this winter or sooner.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some small progress. I took the block to work to cleaned it and preped it for paint. Here is how it turned out.

Not to shabby, I wanted to paint it white but changed my mind.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
burnt orange ish?? I dig it! white would be cool but would get really dirty and not look as neat anymore but oil leaks would be easy to spot :p
Yeah it's a krylon paint "Ford Red" it's cured really well I am pretty impressed with how it came out. I even painted some other parts with it and they look great.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup

burnt orange ish?? I dig it! white would be cool but would get really dirty and not look as neat anymore but oil leaks would be easy to spot :p
Yeah it's a krylon paint "Ford Red" it's cured really well I am pretty impressed with how it came out. I even painted some other parts with it and they look great.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have gotten my hands on a engine stand just waiting to get the head piece for it. Then It's onto reassemble. Many pics to come.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The block has been on the stand. I have a few pictures of the head I have been working on. a mild port and polish. New valve stem seals and the valves will be lapped and maybe a 3 angle job. So far all the work has been done by me.

And A few of the block still have to get around to honing the cylinders.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Made some good progress today. Honed out the cylinders and installed the crank and pistons.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cylinder head went to the machine shop for some lovin.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again guys couldn't done it without ya's

1 - 20 of 92 Posts