Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Small updates got the head bolted up and torqued down starting to get the timing system in order.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This motor looks remarkably similar to the 7MGTE from the inside
Yeah they kinda do look the same. I've build a 7mge before so yea there are similaritys.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Some updates

Almost done

5m is out!!

Decided to buy some "snake skin" to cover my harness in. It's alot of work but worth the it for the clean look.

My girlfriend just ordered my birthday gift (ebay header) And I ordered a competition flywheel from George at raptor racing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
your making it look too easy so far. great job so far. im just another dreamer of the 2jz-mk11. i hope to copy you some day. been changing my mind every day. rebuid the 5m and turbo it or do a 7mg swap or 2jz. i wake up dreaming about it every day. i love my 84 p type. just really want to get turbo charged. keep up the awsome thread.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks man I appricate the kind words. Just search around man. I. Found this block on criegslist for free.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I finally found a new lower timing cover and was able to some more things put on er..

Gunna steal my girlfriends slr and snap some better pics soon.

I also learned that my Egr bolt holes where previously heli-coiled. So I decieded to make some Egr block off plates and tap the holes for new bolts. Pics soon!

·
Registered
42 Posts
that is 1 bad ass lookin motor im wiping drool off my lip right now. r u using the 5 speed that was in the car ? if so does it use the original transmission mount and drive line ?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
that is 1 bad ass lookin motor im wiping drool off my lip right now. r u using the 5 speed that was in the car ? if so does it use the original transmission mount and drive line ?
well I was planning on using the original W58+ drive line. now I am considering using the A341E auto transmission. we'll see it all depends on parts availability,cost and time.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
thanks! Its getting there.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Unfortunalty the competition clutch flywheels are being produced by the manufacturer and are currently unavailable. This was confirmed by George.

So I ended up buying one from Toyota at a decent price.

Just a teaser..

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)

Trying to make things as clean as possible.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Can anyone help me figure out what plugs I to the top of my water pump? If you look closely at the picture below you will see a "nipple" sticking up on the top side of the pump. Any info would be great before I plug it up or good.

I think I have a gte water pump. I have been noticing that this engine came with extra parts and some where from a gte. My front sump oil pan also has an extra hole on the passenger side. For a turbo cooler line I suppose.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Id swap that water pump out for a new one. Also the oil pan has a drain for the turbos I believe so I just made a plate and covered it up.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Id swap that water pump out for a new one. Also the oil pan has a drain for the turbos I believe so I just made a plate and covered it up.
Well the water pump looked fine when I took it apart. The fins have barely any wear and no play. And yes that what I was doing with my oil pan.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Finally have a bellhousing on the way! Test fit my mounts tonight! Super excited! See my use of !!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Ok so I have ran into a problem. I started to test fit the engine mounts. I do believe they where made correctly. The block clears the harmonic balancer by about 1/4 inch. My problem is with the back of the block. The trans input shaft is about an inch or more away from the pilot bushing on the block. Any ideas? Any input would be appricated.

g

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Turns out I had the mounts on the wrong sides... Haha oh well it fits perfect now.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts