Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Great work, I just bought a 92 Lexus SC300 as a donor car. I'm going NA at this time too. I may not ever want to go turbo. That much power really ups the cost factor in all kinds of ways. Besides, I'm old, why would I want all that horsepower anyway? :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Great work, I just bought a 92 Lexus SC300 as a donor car. I'm going NA at this time too. I may not ever want to go turbo. That much power really ups the cost factor in all kinds of ways. Besides, I'm old, why would I want all that horsepower anyway? :)
Thanks man it's been a long and stressful process for some reason lol just make sure all your donor parts are in good shape. Buy your engine mounts from Aaron (rabid chimp) and have at it!

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Chimp mounts on the way. Why would I swear and sweat for a week in my shop to make mounts when Aaron has done them better than I could do anyway? Last set of swap motor mounts I made were sturdy but ugly as a mud fence.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Chimp mounts on the way. Why would I swear and sweat for a week in my shop to make mounts when Aaron has done them better than I could do anyway? Last set of swap motor mounts I made were sturdy but ugly as a mud fence.
Yea I made mine with 8mm steel and they where Welded by a my girls dad.(30 years government certified welder. I was very happy when they fit perfectly. Aaron actually gave me some pointers on them.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Started fabricating up my mid-pipe. I wanted to use my existing RR 2.5 Mandrels pipes. So I found a header that had a single 2.5 outlet instead of 2 outlets. Only problem Is I need to make the mid-pipe

Kind of ugly now. I only had a gas welder at the shop. Gunna have the welded up real nice ;-)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
would this b ready by the Fall Meet???
Unfortunalty not Edgar. Gotta pull the head I have a dead cylinder which explains the mystery miss fire.

But we just bought our first house so that has to come first. Looks like a fall/winter project. Good thing is it has single car garage with room to work in.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Yo, what was the reason you were getting no spark? I feel like i have the same exact problem you had, if you could please share? lol
I have spark just no compression on 1 cylinder.

Maybe check you're cap and rotors assembly. Make sure you're coil is getting power.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I love how thoroughly you do your work and how nice your swap is! glad to see she is running but sucks you have to tear it apart man! cant wait to hear that she is up and running again!
Thanks man Appricate the kind words. If I need somthing ill hit you up.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Small update. My girlfriend and I purchased a house a few months back so I the supra was moved into its new home today. Tiny garage it barely fits inside with the door shut. (Gunna be updated soon) And I've also gotten my hands on a new set of arp head studs and a oem headgasket. Getting ready to find out what went wrong.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I have finally gotten around to digging back into it. I had a stuck exhaust valve. Pulled the head cleaned the valve up(carbon build up) and started putting things back together. ARP studs this time! I stripped two oem bolts.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Ok so too update this thread a little bit.

I have fixed the exhaust valve new oem headgasket and arp head bolts also added a oem fan clutch just need a shroud.

Had issues with idling fixed a hand full of broken wires. Still had a iacv problem. So I disconnected it and plugged vacuum lines. Idle is around 8-900 but steady

Now it runs pretty good! I was able to drive up and down the street and few times and it felt like it had some good power!!

Just need to wire up the temp sensor gauge and oil gauge. Change the oil again. Should be ready to tag and get some classic insurance!

Excited !

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
It's official I love my 2jzge

61 - 80 of 92 Posts