·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Have you owned anyone on the streets yet??
Not really but I did pull away from a 350z after he jumped on the throttle on the highway. Pretty sure he tried to keep up for a few gears

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
My 2JZGE build & swap thread

So the recent news is that I warped my head and the head Gasket leaked. As I usually do I freaked out and wanted to sell everything. Then decided to fix it. So I was able to buy a rebuilt cylinder head and I am going to start relaxing the head soon.

I figured this will give me a chance to make other things better any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

Wasting no time with this I just got new tires and an inspection and really want to drive my car. I was able to find a remanufactured head from a place in Florida .I should be seeing it early next week. I also ordered a new head gasket from Toyota should see that next week as well.

I started by prepping the operating room

Drained my oil and was really relieved to see that it had no signs of coolant mixed with it.

Did a compression test and came out with
#1-175 with oil on purpose
#2-115 oil not on purpose
#3-160 with oil on purpose
#4-170 dry
#5-180 dry
#6-180 dry

#2 seems is awful low so figure my problem is there. I removed the header and noticed a small bit of coolant residue on the #2 port.

In a couple hours time I ended up here.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Well the machine shop says it's ok to build. Going to order Pistons .20 over and standard bearings.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Wow I haven’t updated in forever. Umm where to start hahaha

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
So I ended up getting new pistons. I had a local machine shop rebuild the block. Bored out slightly over to correct cylinder scoring.

Got the block home and started to assemble it. Picked up a remanded cylinderhead and oem head gasket. I already had ARP studs.

I got the engine assembled pretty easily. And dropped er in. Took the time to wrap my header this time around.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just got done reading your whole build thread nice, glad to see your back on it. I'm just starting mine, I know I have some fun coming up !!thanks for sharing

James

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Thanks it’s been almost two years since it was done lol, just haven’t been on the forum since I was building it. Good job with yours !

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks it’s been almost two years since it was done lol, just haven’t been on the forum since I was building it. Good job with yours !
Do you have any new pictures you can post

thanks for your time
James

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Stay tuned going to update soon 👀

81 - 93 of 93 Posts