My project 85....

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Awesome!!!!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Beautiful car! And that center scoop looks sweet too. Was that already done to the car when you got it? Is your hood OEM, but modified or is it fiberglass?

Either way...your 85 model looks great!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The hood is from carbonfiberfx.com and yeah I get some wobble above 90 mph. I think I just need to get some rubber bumpers to stick on the engine bay lip to tighten it up. I have been trying to come up with a ram air duct but the radiator and fan shroud is in the way. Still working on it. Other than that the hood fit with only a little bit of shaving around the lights. It has stock latch and gas strut mounts so it is real easy to install. I think there are a couple more pics of my car on their site. Thanks for the compliments this is my first Supra and it is has become an obsession.

Jason Arnold

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Nice Job.. Looking excellent.. Nice to see another mint-condition MKII on the road..

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
damn, i like the way that hood looks on a sterling example of a white car :)

must get one!!

or a larger cowl + induction system .

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
looks great Jason! So nice to finally see one of the cfx hoods on some elses car on the forum!

Install the rubber stripping that runs the width of the hood on the front, that should elimante the bulging at speed. As for the ram air, the best way to do it is to go with an electric fan and remove the fan shroud, should be lots of room then. But I still think its possible rig one up with the shroud there, just need some fancy heat gun work with some pvc piping.

Those interested in these hoods, CFX is about ready to take on another batch of orders for them, I will post more info about this shortly. If you can't wait just go ahead and contact CFX directly through their site...

http://www.carbonfibrefx.com/

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No I am afraid that I don't have any before pictures. I don't know why I never took one. It was just going to be cheap transportation at first but I just kept fixing this and adding that. Still needs a little rust fixed and......a turbo. I hated white cars but it was cheap so I bought it. Now I don't think I would get any other color MKII. Thanks for the comments.

Jason

1 - 17 of 17 Posts