Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of pics of my 83'.

She needs some cleaning, and the interior needs to be dye'd, but not too bad for 20 years and 228K miles. 8)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The paint is a 1985 Toyota color called "Garnet Red", or so I was told. The car was originally Black, but I had it painted this color in January of 1994. The black had worn through to the gray primer down the center of the roof, so the car had a "skunk stripe" look to it! The paint shop did an ok job, but there was significant orange peel the day they returned the car to me. I didn't pay that much for the work so I am not dissatisfied with the price/product ratio I recieved. I have not had a chance to really go through the body on this car yet, so I will see what I can do to polish it up properly. The paint isn't bad, but I am quite certain that the Vette's paint will show the difference when I take the "group" photo's.

Norbie,
I have never seen a MkII with a digital dash. I think it would be neat, but I can see where you might be annoyed with it. The Vette has analouge guages in the dash and a digital head's up display, so it is basically like having both in the same car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts