Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Really clean. Gorgeous. 90K kilometers only??? You bought it from a little old lady who only drove it on Sundays, and for $1500 Canadian, right?

-- Bob --
(jealous despite recently acquiring a clean '85 myself)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Nice and clean. I like the color of your cam covers :p

<----- who whishes his white mk2 was an 85 instead of an 84 :(

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it was purchased new by my father - it wasn't a daily driver and sat for a few years with only enough use to keep the seals and running gear intact. I got it from him 2 years ago with 58K so I have the complete history right from purchase till today.

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Very nice. Do like the underhood treatments - classy! Les will argue with me again but the mk2 is one of the few cars that can pull off a white paint job. Your father definately deserves props for keeping in such nice shape for you all these years. Good to see Supras being passed down the generations. Just remember he brought you into this world and he'll TAKE YOU OUT if you get so much as a door ding on his baby! :grab:

Phil D. :wink:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Very nice ride. Where did you get that hood insulation from? It doesn't look stock.

·
Registered
991 Posts
pdupler said:
Very nice. Do like the underhood treatments - classy! Les will argue with me again but the mk2 is one of the few cars that can pull off a white paint job. Your father definately deserves props for keeping in such nice shape for you all these years. Good to see Supras being passed down the generations. Just remember he brought you into this world and he'll TAKE YOU OUT if you get so much as a door ding on his baby! :grab:

Phil D. :wink:
Naw, I won't argue with you. White is beginning to grow on me. As long as I have the red car for personality I am learning to appreciate the understated look of the white car.

This really is a nice looking car. Wish my white looked as good....Oh well, new paint job not too far away. Yes Phil, it will stay white. :lol:

Leslie

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ive seen you!!! or a car that looks identical to yours.

georgeous car artm, georgeous...
you probably didnt pay me any mind, but it was about a month, maybe two months back, i was the goofball in the grey truck trying to keep up with you down the yellowhead, eastbound, then north up victoria trail.

my gf thinks im insane :D she just doesnt understand, although she tries :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Underhood pad is original.

I'm not often in that part of town Dogstar but there is another white 85 Mk2 in town. I've not been able to chat to the guy to discuss the cars. Also the last grey truck I ran into killed me - a GM half ton big block with Nitros but looked like a beater.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
well, the white car in question had a harley sticker on the drivers side quarter window, my gf remembered that.

it wasnt a race or anything, i just saw you rolling down the road and did about 170 to catch up, then paced you for a while.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
artm... nice set-up of the MSD Ignition... you have the same place where I have installed my MSD Tach Adapter... and also relocated the EFI resistor....

anyways... NICE and keep it to the family :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3000cc Mk2 - I also put the MSD box under the drivers side rear armrest - fits perfectly.

Dogstar, must be me, the number of old guys who drive both Mk2's and Harleys is probably 1. Next time honk and wave.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
will do man, if you see a little grey ranger in mint shape with factory steel wheels driven my a bald dude, thats me, lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like it...cept for the harley stick :? Harley = american.... toyota doesn't :lol: But an awsome ride...keep it in good hands 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts