Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked my 85 6M-GTE last night. I'm very unhappy about it. Luckily it's not that bad. I am very glad that I lowered my car otherwize it would have been alot worste. I actually didn't even hit the bumper. it took out everything above the bumper....lights, hood, grille, front metal piece, headlight buckets. but it did not damage the core support too badly. just pushed it back a little bit. it also took out the radiator. so it doesn't look like too expensive of a thing to tear apart and put back together. just depressing that the car has NEVER been wrecked before yesterday. but it can be fixed. and I plan to fix most of it myself.

Sad Day

Eric
6M-GTE

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks alot. I am going to start tearing the front end off tonite to see exactly what I am up against. I dont think it's going to have to go on a frame machine though thank god. but I"ll find out tonite..

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Wow Eric... That really sucks bad... Can I ask what happened? and I am assuming you are ok as well...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey, I'm new here, and would like to sympathize with your loss.... because I did the exact same thing to my Mk2 a few weeks ago. Ive managed to find a parts car and strip em both down, (was easyer the second time since I could practice on my busted car :wink: ) and the parts are ready to be bolted on my car. can't wait.... I miss the sound.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SupraRacer007 said:
But you "are" going to fix it and keep driving it, right?

I hope.... :wink:
you better believe it. in fact last night I ripped the front end off of it. it was not as bad as i once thought. it was just the upper bumper piece, grill, and headlights, hell the fog lights weren't even broken. oh yea and one turn signal. ripped it all off and now tomorrow it's time to head to the junk yard. and hopefully I'll have it driving again by tuesday.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I am okay thanks, is what happened is I was in traffic...well I was at a redlight and I left the redlight on US19 and went to go over this overpass and right when I got to the top of it (doin about 40 or so) everyone was stopped right over the hump of it. luckily I was able to slow down from 40 till about 10 or 15 or else the damage would have been alot worste.

Supra Bob said:
Wow Eric... That really sucks bad... Can I ask what happened? and I am assuming you are ok as well...

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
85TurboMKII said:
SupraRacer007 said:
But you "are" going to fix it and keep driving it, right?

I hope.... :wink:
you better believe it. in fact last night I ripped the front end off of it. it was not as bad as i once thought. it was just the upper bumper piece, grill, and headlights, hell the fog lights weren't even broken. oh yea and one turn signal. ripped it all off and now tomorrow it's time to head to the junk yard. and hopefully I'll have it driving again by tuesday.
Cool deal man. Glad you're ok and that the car is repairable. Best of luck with that...hope it all comes together quickly

·
Registered
830 Posts
my car

just be glad your car didn't end up like mine did :(

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Re: my car

cartman said:
just be glad your car didn't end up like mine did :(

OUCH :shock:

85TurboMKII
The good thing is that your ok. at least you can still fix yours, i wreaked my 83 two years ago and no way of fixing it. :(

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Could have been worse. I totaled mine in a roll over Jan 28 and now have 1/4 million in uninsured medical bills! and a lump of meat for a left arm

get her back togather :)

its good you were not hurt cars can be fixed

will

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
supra_toy said:
Could have been worse. I totaled mine in a roll over Jan 28 and now have 1/4 million in uninsured medical bills! and a lump of meat for a left arm

get her back togather :)

its good you were not hurt cars can be fixed

will
Wierd i wreaked on Jan. 30 of 2001, maybe Jan is hexed

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
sorry to hear about the accidents.

i can post a pic of the supra my friend wrecked... its a sad sight, but these things are tough old birds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts