Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so my mom and I are always talking about whos car is faster, I knew full well my Supra would out do her mustang and day in a race. So finally she took me up on it. She has an automatic 3.8L V6 Mustang with 80,000 miles on it, my 2.8L L6 Supra smoked it. I jumped the line much faster and kept pulling away the whole time, it was kinda funny, guess it goes to show that American cars are slow... well unless it's an 8 cylinder... those I give respect to.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
You should've at least let your mom hang with you.... ;)

·
Registered
790 Posts
"guess it goes to show that American cars are slow... well unless it's an 8 cylinder... those I give respect to."

I'm gonna laugh when you get smoked by a GN. Its the v6 image cars (v6 Camaros and Mustangs) that are slow.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Anyone who races against a Buick Grand National (with their Mk2), unless he's got some serious HP - he deserves to be laughed at.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Popular Mechanics did a muscle car shootout back in '98. New vs. old, with an '80s Grand National thrown in as a 'between' car.

The Viper kicked everything else's butts. The Grand National placed second. Ahead of (among others) a Mustang Cobra Jet, and a 455 Pontiac Trans Am Super Duty. The turbo Buicks must be given respect.

This coming from the former owner of a V-6 Buick Sluglark.... I mean Skylark. I hated that car, and most Bu-ICKs for that matter, but some are worthy. The Grand National and GSX from a speed perspective, and the '63-'73 Rivieras from a styling standpoint. Most of the rest can make their home in a monster truck rally scrap car lineup (my former Skylark's future fate I hope).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grand National? Hmm... never heard of it, but now I will remember that if I ever have one of them challenge me at a light... I'm turning :wink:

·
Registered
790 Posts
My girlfriend picked a fight with one driver her Dynasty (stock, slow as hell, but practical). She told me afterward that she was glad I explained what at GN was to her; she would have been pissed to get smoked so bad by a "granny car" :wink:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
regal T types are in my opinion the scariest cars out there.

they have all kinda chrome and trim and shit, and all of 2 or 3 badges, yet theyre basically a very very slightly detuned grandnational/GNX under the skin.
total sleeper, and there are 10 second examples running around even my rinky dink town, just think what there are in someplace like socal or detroit.

my old boss owns a beautiful stock,86, white, T top regal T type, i keep asking to borrow it, just for 15 minutes, and promising not to abuse it, but hes not stupid enough to go for it.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
There is a shop in Lansing, MI that does a lot of work on GN's. They have one that is running a prototype twin-turbo motor that was featured in Popular Mechanics back in the early/mid-80's. It was an interesting article. Anyway, the car is putting down 1300 rwhp on monstrous twin alcohol cooled turbo's. It is downright, the scariest car I have ever seen. He runs 8's in the quarter with some traction problems!!!!! You get a good view of the underside of the car when it launches.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts