Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it was pretty wet today and he ended up coming out of a 35 mph unbanked corner around 40 and fish tailed 3-4 times and pulled the ebrake so he didnt run up the bank and flip, so he ended up hitting a ditch pulling both the tires off the right side rims and the ditch tossed him into the air and backwards , he hit a fence in the air and some bushes ended up backwards in a field up to the rims in mud, well the pictures say enough i guess...

remember this pretty decently shaped 84?

her he is now...

my baby in the backround hehe

iv got a few more pictures in you guys wanna see more.
its got one of the SWEET COCKED EXAUSTS NOW YAAAYYY CUSOM YO!...or accident.

oh yeah and hes fine, but not once he gets home from work...i told him ill kick his ass if he wrecks this car, i got it for him basicly. stick, sunroof, mines auto and a hardtop so, if its totaled which it might be..the headlights are sticking up and i think the allignment is off, not to mention the fender will fly off if he goes over 50 probably...
iv got some work to do on it, and im taking this car away from him.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah... some good practice, if the insurance calls it totaled and trys to tow it off to some yard i swear ill take a bat to them though so im going to save it. haha

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
wet roads !!!! again !!!! that sucks man !!! at least he is fine.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
awww thats not so bad.

new tire, fender, flare and front bumper and she'll be ok. but your brother needs to learn how to control a rwd car in the wet... practice!!!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
as long as there is no frame damage, take it as a learning experience and repair it

I said it in the other thread, just avoid using them in the rain

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its kinda hard to see but the front right light is sticking up about half an inch on one right and is low about half an inch on the opposite. but im homing the frame is alright, ill be going over the whole thing tommorow, washing it off and checking all the damage i couldnt see today, the attena(sp) is all crooked =[

·
Miserable
702 Posts
wow thats sucks, uhmm shawn my have parts lol

·
Miserable
702 Posts
well it was pretty wet today and he ended up coming out of a 35 mph unbanked corner around 40 and fish tailed 3-4 times and pulled the ebrake so he didnt run up the bank and flip, so he ended up hitting a ditch pulling both the tires off the right side rims and the ditch tossed him into the air and backwards .
QUOTE]

ok what he did wrong was using the e-brake :duh: ... so that tells me, he had time to pull out of the fish tailed by taking it out of gear.. and make fine turns with the string wheel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i told him it was a stupid move but i guess it started to fishtail and he tryed to downshift and then it kept doing it so he ripped the ebrake..i told him to not drive it in the rain since he has only had it for a month...he drove a 92 auto gmc before it, a bit of a change.. only had his liecense for less than a year

·
Miserable
702 Posts
yea time to give him a 82-85 celica and practice with that in the wet .. lol

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yeah man, like everyone else is saying, the biggest mistake your brother made was pulling the emergency brake. The whole problem was that the rear wheels were losing traction, so there was no way that pulling the ebrake would make that any better. He put the last nail in the coffin with that move.

Bring her back to life! There are plenty of people on this forum that will bend over backwards to help you if you give this an honest effort.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have never, ever pulled the E-brake while in motion in any car. The only time I ever even contemplated it was when discussing what to do if going down a steep hill in Seattle, and having total brake failure. But in the 7 Toyotas I have owned since 1984 ('72 Celica, '76 Celica, '77 Celica, '85 Supra, '85 Supra, '85 Supra, '86 Supra) I have never had brake failure or needed to use the e-brake while in motion.

Where are kids getting this stupid maneuver? The "Fast and the Furious"? I wonder how many cars have been wrecked by dumb kids watching those stupid movies??

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You gotta understand, sometimes people panic and react with the first thing that comes to mind. He'd still pretty new to the road and I guess E-Brake meant "Pull this if all else fails." He'll know better now. Just teach him how to countersteer and correct himself. Take him to a wet parking lot with your auto Supra he'll figure it out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts