Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looking good. You might consider replacing the brake master cylinder with a Mark3 master cylinder to give your ITBs a little more room in there.
Thanks for the tip, I will be sure to look into this. My neighbor has a Mark III so I will have to pop his hood and check out how much space.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For your intake manifold, I highly recommend buying a piece of 1/4in thick 2x3 angle, and drill the holes to bolt the intake flange to so it doesnt warp during welding. 2ft should be plenty. Might even want a second piece to place on top of the ITB's and then use a few pieces of thread all and some nuts to make a "sandwich" to the first piece to hold the ITB's level as well.

Also, if you go with the mk3 master cylinder, be sure to use the mk3 power booster as well as that is what gives more room. it is thinner front to back. I have one on my 84.
Copy sir, thanks for the advice! I didn't have any steel lying around so I bolted it to my work bench (not ideal). Since I was only taching the manifold I was hoping it held. I don't have a TIG welder yet. The shop I took it to had a jig to keep it from warping. I bolted it up and it seems to be ok luckily.

As for the brake booster, I will probably do this upgrade along with a larger clutch master as well. The more room the better for my velocity stacks.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Any updates?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts