Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here my dilemma. Everytime I locked my car then open, the ALARM goes off everytime. What cause this and how do your fix it ? It's getting to be annoying! hehehehehehehe!

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
dont lock your car from then inside (it triggers the alarm for the next time the door opens), lock it with your keys from the ouside. :wink:

·
Founding Member
6,424 Posts
Very common the wires to the microswitch on the latch mechanism inside the door corrode and lose contact or fall off completely. This is the switch that tells the alarm you've unlocked the door. Reach in door and wiggle two wires on the latch/striker mechanism (not the wires to the keyhole - thats the LED). If loose, remove latch mechanism, clean and solder the contacts, and reinstall.

Phil D.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zankone said:
dont lock your car from then inside (it triggers the alarm for the next time the door opens), lock it with your keys from the ouside. :wink:
I just it a few when I went for a drive. IT WORKS!!!! kewl!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
yup a common wire problem with the microswitch

Phil D. is right on the spot...

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i've had to rewire all 4 in my cars...its easy as hell.........well not easy...but one of mine had the copper contact break off and i was lucky enough to have enough to solder too.

but that will fix it, i usually leave the latch in and just unscrew the two little screws that hold it on, i priced it from toyota and a new one is like 40 bucks...lol

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Phill's beat me to it. I've had to re-solder that micro switch thing on my last car.

I soldered it up and then sprayed some rubber undercoating on it. It was all green and corroded.
It's a PITA to get it back into place....
Will

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the reply. It surely help. For now, I will just locked my car from a key outside instead of from the inside. It worked when I did it yesterday and today. So, I can deal with this for now.

Again thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thshiiam said:
My alarm goes off even if i lock it from the outside. Everytime I unlock it the alarm goes off. How do I fix that?
Did you locked it with your key? You know turn the key to lock it!! Try that, if it doesn't work - better fix it like what the expert instructed above!

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
My alarm goes off even if i lock it from the outside
You probably need to fix the microswitch on the door lock plate and also the one on the handle. If you want to knock down the annoyingness of the stock alarm disconnect the horn plug for the one on the washer bottle. At least that way you won't hear the horn.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Unplug a black box?

Didn't someone say at one time that you could just unplug one of the black boxes behind the drivers side rear seat side panel? This apparently disables the fatory alarm.

And if so, which box? There are two boxes in there...

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I know, I know...

Can anyone point me at a page in the manual that shows me where this arned little microswitch is. Or send me a photo...

I just don't get it from the way it's been described so far...

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
well jefe, if you take off the door panel, and that little white plastic connector holder and take a flash light, look at the bottom of the door latch assembly and you'll see two wires that attach to a little switch held on by two screws. some models had covers so that you couldn't see the switch and some didn't or where torn off.

Again its on the door latch assembly, located near the bottom of it towards the outside of the door, i hope i explained it right.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
OK

OK. Thanks for the explanation. I'll try again tomorrow...

It does work for me (in other words, it doesn't alarm) when I lock the door with the key. I'll be doing that until I sell it on Tuesday... ;)

And yes, I'll explain to Carmela (a new member of this group) the problem with the microswitch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts