Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...by forceful entry.

Short Story. i go to school in New York City and I park in the Park&Ride shelters in Jersey. Unexpectedly, someone that night decides to vandalize and steal radios and such. As i return to my car (around 9pm) I look at the cars beside me and their windows were shattered. I am thinking, "man that sucks" because i didn't notice my windows broken. There was probably 15-20 cars involved because of all the glass in the empty car space and even some people still in their cars calling the police. As soon as he arrived, he took a look at my car and said, "the reason we didn't take down your information is because no significant damage has been done to your car". true, some people's cars had from 1-2 broken windows and things stolen. Knowing me, i probably forgot to lock my doors as it happens from time to time from rushing:duh:. i checked around and see nothing was stolen but everything was rummaged around. the only thing i noticed is that they tried to pry my radio dock open and a rip in the leather middle console, driver's side. so now it has a bend/tear and i am wondering the possible fixes to it.

I feel, my baby has been violated.
so moral of the story, is just dont lock your car.:eekfacepalm:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd say you got off pretty light, from the sound of it. Man, thats why I enjoyed driving my '82 beater. It looked like crap, so mischevious eyes never gave it a second thought. Even though, I'm sure it's quiet unsettling to know someone was rummaging through =you're= vehicle. I hate theifs :mad:

·
Registered
434 Posts
You got off light! When I got my radio stolen they destroyed the shifter surround! And I've yet to find one in good shape to replace it (Terra cotta) you'll be ok

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I know the feeling. It sucks, and you want to wash it to get the stench of someone else's hands on her. Before I had my Supra, had my Olds Delta 88 broken into. One rear vent window was broken out from someone rummaging around in it, so instead of going through the already broken window, they broke out the other window. BTW those windows are about $150 each installed. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sucks, and you want to wash it to get the stench of someone else's hands on her.
I want to do that, but weather here is still crappy. Soo i just vacuumed all the thief's cigarette ashes and dirt. Thanks for everyone's concerns. You're all right when you say i got off lightly and i concur, I just want to make her look pretty again. Now I dont want to park there again in a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts