Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
Here you see my Hp numbers on the engine that i had ITB´s on before.
This here is without the ITB and with stock modified intake (67mm).

So here you can see how much power the original intake system can deliver.

I will soon build another single throthle setup so the engine can get more air :)

Best Regards Jens Pedersen

·
Registered
655 Posts
re: C.R.

Very impressive numbers Jens. Can you tell us what your compression ratio is in that engine?

Sonny

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The engine is a 5m with 7m crank and rods.
The compression should be around 10:1.
There is regrind cams in at 285 degrees, adjustable cam gears, pace setter manifold, cam houses is 1.3mm lower.
Head is ported and polished.
Tb is bored to 67mm, and the intake plenum is also 67mm.
7mge injectors is mounted.

The engine is controlled by the Electromotive tec 3R.

My numbers with Itb was 235hp/290nm, but it wasent good enough, and that itb set will be rebuilded next year :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a 5mge engine, i just mounted a 7mge crank and rods, and the 5m pistons again and the oilpump axle from the 7mge then it was a 3.0 12v.....That´s why i call it custom 6mge.

Every intake part is 5mge, i just drilled the tb to 67mm, and also the efi plenum.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know you wouldn't get near to making the type of power your putting down but would it be possible to run this 3.0L 12v beast of an engine on 5mge electronics?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I know you wouldn't get near to making the type of power your putting down but would it be possible to run this 3.0L 12v beast of an engine on 5mge electronics?
I know dealing with close to what Jens is running, the 5M ECUs are not happy with a bunch of work done to a 5M, but it will run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts