Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yeah tuning is slowly becoming a pain...but its ok...cause even untuned the car feels better than before...So I can only imagine once I get it tuned a bit better....

So tomorrow I gotta make a heatsink for my wideband, then just go drive, data log, pull over check, adjust.
repeat lol.

I will get it tho.
then its video time.... :naughty:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Update on progress... Day 2

I am pretty particular about my placement, bending of leads, and soldier...

Still have some question about the optional components on the board like R21, R20, and R39 right off. I am just going to be running stock CT26... Not to sure what to read to make additional component decisions about...

·
Registered
205 Posts
ya i looked into my maual and double checked them and the oxygen sensor and 2 grounds are wrong it seems looks like they just got confused and wrote things backwards. are u using 7m injectors with this setup?

·
Registered
205 Posts
awesome i think i may have found a set what do u think a good price is for a set? i offered 60 bux? what should i stop at? do u have to have different pigtails for these or can i use existing harness plugs

·
Registered
205 Posts
well im still in school but had some time to fiddle this weekend i finished my jumper cables and got it connected to the computer and downloaded the 2.xx firmware onto the thing trying to learn how to make a stock map and such... and burn the files to the ecu programing is not my area...

·
Registered
205 Posts
got my 85 running on megasquirt today after school. i had a problem with the firmware as well. the version of tunerstudio doesnt like the 3.03u firmware that they give u in the download package. or the start up map that they give u off of the diypnp website. as scott had already mention although i have come accross an easy way around this. download the ms2 3.03s firmware off of the msextra.com website load it onto the megasquirt. check ur comport that you have installed it correctly. u should type in the letter s and it should give u a response like megasquirt II version 3.03s or something like that. if it gives u a code like 0bx redo it again u done something wrong. ok now unhook ur megasquirt download the startup map and unzip the whole program into another folder. now open up the firmware folder and click on the the readme file and follow the instructions. go into open saved msq and open the file u just unzipped it will give you some errors ignore them all its because they were built on different firmwares click save as and name it whatever you want. close tunerstudio plug in your megasquirt and open up tuner studio again. now open the program you just saved it wont give you any errors this time and will ask you if you want to burn it to you megasquirt click yes. now you have the start up map on your diypnp. this saves some hassles from copying all the information over. maybe this will help some of you i dont know how much of this was explained already but figured id tell you anyhow.

anyhow it runs but it runs rough threw all rpms. and burns black im going to see if i can adjust the timing map or something...

·
Registered
205 Posts
i just set it up on my 85 auto its completely stock since im in school and my other car is four hours away. i have a wide band in my other car and will tune it a little better on that one since i cant really drive this one as the megasquirt wont control the shift patterns and cant get into over drive. i lowered the fuel maps and the ignition timing and got it worlds better then before i dont know alot about the software side of things but the maps are definately A START UP and thats about all its good for is a start

41 - 60 of 102 Posts