Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Supra people!

(I'm from Sweden so my english isn't all that great)
I have bought a Supra P-type -85 just recently. It has been standing all alone in a garage for about 2 years.
It has some fixing though, a little rust and the paint has oxidated pretty much so it needs a paint job at some point, when i can afford it :)
Two big rust holes in the "trunk" over the wheels, don't know the exact word for it. And it has no muffler at all heh :) But the car runs fairly good as is. (Muffler is on the way) :)
The interior is pretty much in perfect shape.
It's a 5M-E

I may note this is my first car so i'm not a expirienced mechanic either lol, but i have friends to help me out with the more complicated stuff.

I guess the engine has some parts that needs to get replaced after it has been standing quite some time.
So I thought i'd ask some questions about a few things...

To get the car a light tune without spending a years salary on it - what parts can I buy to just boost it a bit?

What parts should I take a bigger look at, often worn out parts..?
Timing etc, from what i read it seems like people are adjusting that themselves... how? Sounds a tud complicated.
I've been thinking of leaving the car at toyota for a look though.

I've been reading a whole lot since i got the celica supra, kinda got supra-fever :D Very interesting what people have done with their mk2's :)

Even though the engine seems to be in good shape I guess there is some things worth looking on, i just don't know where to start :)
Any advice is appriciated..

Thanks,
Matthew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys!
I'll check those things out before any longer run with the car heh :)
For now it's mostly standing. Tryin' to get some better rubbing. Now i'm using Turtle rubbing, pretty much worthless even though it says "heavy duty" :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.