Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this rocket at auction. Two days later the old owner from 3 years prior called to inform me he had sold it. But the new owner never transfered it. So I inquired abot the car. He said how much you pay? I told him it cost me 450.00 but I own the towing company and the bill was over 1000.00 so all I paid was the tax of $54.00. He said he had bought a jap 30,000mi motor and rebuilt it with forged pistons and all the trick stuff. He claims he put more than 1500.00 in the motor. I being a motorcycle guy. I own a 2001 yamaha R1. Thought there is no way I would enjoy driving a car. No matter the car. I have had a few in my 44 years of life. Boy was I wrong. This car has racing shocks springs and struts. Lowered 2" and is just a very tight car. My first outing was to be on our local twisty bike roads. I know these very well and figured if I was to be blasting around I should be doing it on roads I know. WHAT A BLAST. I was on my way out when a newer model supra came up from behind. I was still doing a shake down but the best part of the road was comming up. 15mph corners are what I live for. The brakes were a little sketchy but I know how to make up for that. So I just proceeded to drive the road the way I would ride it on my bike. The first set of corners he kinda hung with me but after the 110mph long sweeping section the next set of 15mph left right combo of corners. He was behind. I left that car in the weeds. We turned around at the end and I asked him if he wanted to lead. he said sure I will wait for you at the end ok? I said sure. I was never more than 5ft off his bumper for the wole 20mi trip. He was shocked as was I. I LOVE THIS CAR. But drilled rotors, good pads, stainless lines, and I am rockin. Will keep ya all updated. :zzzzz:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Have Fun!! Oh and Pics Please!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am an ex PRO Dirttrack Motorcycle racer and know how to slide one in or out. Oh and I also have raced a few cars in my day so have already learned the hard way about throttle application mid corner.. hehehehehe These cras seem so predictable as to when the tire is going to blow off. I love to drive sideways. I can't seem to get enough of this car. I had to go get lic. tabs for my 2000 4runner and left the tow truck here just so I could drive it a little today.. Re new my spirit a little on a tuesday... I will be taking pics soon but here is a phone pic of it the day I bought it...

·
Registered
861 Posts
A 54 dollar MKII? Geeze, and I thought *I* got a good deal when I paid a grand! Now I will hang my head in shame.

Nice score and welcome to the forums. Hope to see you at the next gathering....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really hope I didn't pay to much. I had $54.00 worth of fun the first 5mins I drove it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Thats great story ,$54 ...that never happens to me! Welcome To The Jungle Baby!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have owned a tow company for 5yrs and only a handfull of deals like this. In my entire 24yrs in the business I have seen maybe 50 of these kinds of deals.. I am one lucky guy and my wife made me buy this. She is soooooo hot.. hehehehehehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts