Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, its really not a kill story but this is the best place to post. i was turning seventeen at the time and had been looking for a cool car. growing up we always had mustangs, jeep, f-100s and porches around because my dad loves to restore cars. anyways my dad tells me his mechanic friend put his car up for sale for 1200 bucks. he told me it was a 1982 toyota celica supra. the second i heard supra i went with him to go see it. i was hooked. it was in rough shape in need of paint and small work but it was love at first sight. we went home and all i could think of was that car. i didnt sleep a wink. the next morning at breakfast me and my dad talk about the car and what not. he said with a shit eating grin on his face to " go see him about it on the way to work". i drove my scooter there and talked to him. he had told me the car had sold less than an hour ago. bummed, i said thanks anyways and walked towards my scooter. ken( the mechanic) asked if i wanted to go for a ride in it. still sulking i said no it was o.k. but he insisted. i got in the car and as we drove out of the garage the drone of the 5mge and the sound of the shifting made me even more jealous. we took a right out of the parking lot and headed down a country road. while we were drving he showed me the cars ins and outs and told me " the new owner is going to love it" i agreed and we motored on. 5 mins passes and he can see im on th verge of crying because i missed out on it. he said" you want to see something cool?" reluctantly i agreed and in a split second we were sideways doing what i can only describe as the most majestic slow-mo drift in the history of man kind! the spinning tires, the engine screaming at 6000 rpm and the look on my face said it all. we quickly corrected and headed back to the garage. i thanked him and went to work. fast forward a few days and its my birthday. i receive the usual socks, shirt and the odd movie. just when i thought it was over my parents said they had one more gift. i opened the box and there lay a piece of paper. i opened the paper and on it was a picture of the supra i dreampt about for a week straight. knowing what my parents bought me i freaked out, did some weird happy dance and hugged them the tightest i ever had. that, ladys and gentelmen, is how i got my supra.:mymk22:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Good story with a happy ending! Your dad is sneaky LOL! Soooooooo - - - -- what movie did you get? :D

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Dude! That sounds like how I got my (first) car. Long story short, dad and I went and took it out for a test drive... couldn't believe how fast it was. Loved the vintage colour.
It sold later that summer, however I tracked the owner down and just had to have it back. And as they say, the rest is history.
Welcome to the forums, post some pics!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@'82supra about 1hr west of Montreal 1.5hrs south of Ottawa. and yes its under that snow but its melting slowly, no damage to the paint luckly. thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
uh oh, queerbecers eh?? LOL just kidding. i might be going into the army in the summer so it would be hard for me to be there. i sure will try my best though. looks pretty wicked.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Cool story. . Brought a tear 2 my eyes...im still looking 4 my blk 85 or 86 my self.. I have 2 date have had blue 83L & blk 85L mk2. Light blu 84p gry 84p blk 84p gry 85p . I still have my 86sdr hard top mk2.

I probably forgot a few but when you have the bug 4 them it never leaves.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great story!

·
Registered
402 Posts
nice story man! Welcome to the Canadian mk2 crew lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts