Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peoples. so now I'm mounting my intercooler. Got the 7mgte in, wired, now mouting Godspeed Spec-a intercooler, its got a 3 inch core. It has 2.5 inch outlets and I am running 2 inch lightweight aluminum piping to my ct26.I think that this willl provide good air velocity and considering the ct26 inlets are 2 inches. What ya'll think? I am hoping that this intercooler will produce better cooling and a little more hp than the stockish IC. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and to add, I know I've posted alot about my project and have not put up pics, but I will post a full build thread when I finish and the motor cranks.Cody has to help me cause I dont have the gear to put it on the computer. I will also put in my costs in a list to those curious about doing the 7mgte project mk2.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Turbo to Intercooler Piping should be the same size as the outlet on your turbo so you are good there. What Size piping do you have going from the other side of your IC up to the Throttle body?

·
Registered
37 Posts
and to add, I know I've posted alot about my project and have not put up pics, but I will post a full build thread when I finish and the motor cranks.Cody has to help me cause I dont have the gear to put it on the computer. I will also put in my costs in a list to those curious about doing the 7mgte project mk2.
I would luv to see the approx price break down for this sort of project cause im looking to do this upgrade for my MK2 but im not sure as to how much its going to set me back from start to finish.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turbo to Intercooler Piping should be the same size as the outlet on your turbo so you are good there. What Size piping do you have going from the other side of your IC up to the Throttle body?
its 2 inch too, I have the SSQV kit (which my wonderful wife bought me for christmas) where the blow off valve is already welded to the 2 inch pipe. I have already bought me a full 2 inch piping kit. The 3000 throttle body pipe has a what size outlet on the IC side? I reckon I will need another reducer if its bigger. I have two reducers for the intercooler outlets themselves. I'm following some recomendations from a very smart fella who used to have a vendor's garage on CS....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would luv to see the approx price break down for this sort of project cause im looking to do this upgrade for my MK2 but im not sure as to how much its going to set me back from start to finish.
definitely will do man, It depends too on whether you do upgrades or stay bone stock, also in whether you rebuild your engine too

·
Registered
464 Posts
how much did all the intercooler and piping goodies cost you?? i will be in that position sometime when i get my 7m dropped in. just for me to have a idea. thanks

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much did all the intercooler and piping goodies cost you?? i will be in that position sometime when i get my 7m dropped in. just for me to have a idea. thanks
My intercooler cost $160 and The Piping kit plus 2 reducers I bought totaled around $190. f-ing silicone couplings are ridiculously high. just for your knowledge I have a stock mk3 intercooler which is really lightweight for sale if you are interested in the cheap route. But I myself wanted to upgrade my IC cooling system, theres alot of things I am doing that are not necessary but I just wanted to do them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts