Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 1993 RX-7 for a great deal from a guy who needed to get rid of it due to no room for it.

Info:
Arizona Rotary Rockets Rebuild w/ new housings and an aggressive streetport.
Polyurethane engine mounts
Apexi intake
Apexi AVCR boost controller
Apexi Power FC engine management system
New engine wiring harness
Silcone hoses and vacuum lines
HKS SSQ BOV
Koyo Radiator
SR Motorsports Intercooler
Spec Stage 2 Clutch
3" Downpipe
Racing Beat Catback
RX-8 5-speed Shift Knob
B&M Short Shifter
Tein Springs
Tokico Illumna struts
R1 lip
AEM wideband Air/Fuel Gauge
R132 AC Conversion
Complete Efini emblems
Hood struts
Custom Air-Separator tank for radiator
new windshield
Pettit racing adjustable trailing arms and toe links
Braided stainless brake lines
Samco silicone radiator hoses

Since I've had the car i swapped out the nasty tan leather interior with awesome black cloth seats and dyed most of the interior black. I also converted the stupid sequential twin turbos to run non-sequential, eliminating almost every solenoid and vacuum line in the engine bay. Less to break from the extreme heat coming off those crappy turbos. I can't wait to go big single turbo.

Here's some snapshots of random steps if anyone is interested:

A look at the fresh internals of my ported and balanced engine.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I love the twin action air filters!!!:zzzzz: Nice car!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Trust me I can't wait to get rid of the twin turbos and the stupid twin filters both, going Holset single turbo, the plan is to run two Tial waste gates, haven't yet decided whether or not to run them back into the exhaust or have them dump straight out the bottom of the car :) the second would scare quite a few people lol

·
Registered
472 Posts
you gots a supra?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet, just a big fan of MKII's specifically and I often drive my friend/roommates panda. Sometimes its nice to drive something reliable because my car definitely is not. Someday I'd like to build a 7M swapped Celica Supra from the ground up.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Man, you got Celicas just poppin out of the wood-work in your neighborhood.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Not yet, just a big fan of MKII's specifically and I often drive my friend/roommates panda. Sometimes its nice to drive something reliable because my car definitely is not. Someday I'd like to build a 7M swapped Celica Supra from the ground up.
cool. just checkin. :thumbsup:

good luck on finding one and getting it built up.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Wow, the rats nest! LOL Worked with a buddy with a R1, had the whole rats nest wire tied to make sure that don't blow off, which they will, and mess up something cause everything under that hood runs on vaccum!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I don't have any pics of what it looked like after removing everything, but the 5 remaining vac lines are all zip tied on the ends. As for finding a Celica Supra to start with, I can't seem to find one that isn't rusting to death, messed up or too expensive or an L-Type. Its going to be a while before I can build one anyways. I have my hands full to say the least.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats stock placement for it its actually above the radiator because the radiator is angled almost flat. The IC has a duct that runs from the mouth of the radiator opening to the intercooler. You can see it in the pic its got a giant square hole in it from the where the stock air box was removed. I have special plans for a rather unique and extremely efficient intercooler setup once I have the time and materials.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its holding up good so far. all it does is is in the sun, the paint is ruined, hopefully I can paint it soon and get rid of the spoiler

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah its my baby. Shes wounded right now though, clutch fork snapped in half so i have to drop the trans and replace it >_<

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
do a v mount with the rad and intercooler
its a very common and succesful mod for the rotarys

1 - 20 of 24 Posts