Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just come to the conclusion that if I bought a MKIV I would rather post here (or not post at all) than deal with the idiotic momma's boys that got their supra from daddy. I dont care if they did buy it themselves, they still fall into that catagory. There are just too many people with the "I have a MKIV and therefore I am important and know everything and you can blah blah blah" syndrome.

As I am typing this I have decided to forgo buying a MKIV. I am going to buy another MKII. Maybe one with dents and scratches with torn up blue interior and cracks in the windows. Then run 25psi and Nitrous in a 7m and shut them all up.

And if there are more idiots outside of Kalifornia I will just have to make a friggen road trip.

Ok, so I'm dreaming. I will probably get a Grand Caravan instead.

In closing, to those people that may come across this thread that frequent the SF boards and actually contribute to the Supra community I would like to apologize and say that I recognize the fact that there are actually good people on SF. I have met several in person in fact.

Happy Holloween!!!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Amen to most of it. Most MKIV owners do act a little upety for some reason or another. It does make you wonder. I remember reading on a board about someone talking about the price of the MKIV's and current owners chimed in with if you can't afford to play then you shouldn't be looking.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
All that I have to say is that I have a MKIV and therefore I am important and know everything and you can blah blah blah

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You knew that was coming, right? ;)

Seriously though -- you don't avoid a car because of the dumbasses that own it. I guarantee that there are more dumbass MkII owners than MkIV assuming that the proportion of cool-to-dumbass is the same simply because there are more MkIIs.

Are you looking to buy a MkIV, Mark?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Muchbzy said:
I remember reading on a board about someone talking about the price of the MKIV's and current owners chimed in with if you can't afford to play then you shouldn't be looking.
To be completely honest I tend to agree with this. I get sick of people with nice cars doing cheap-ass mods to the car, etc. I see a lot of MkIII owners with $20 mods for example -- they choose to spend $20 on crap that will break rather than $60 on something quality. It's sad. If you have a nice car you should modify it with quality parts and you should do it right.

Mark's 5M-GTE is a great example of this -- he prepped the crap out of that motor and it shows. I have a ton of respect for him as a result.

Hate on me if you want, but my belief is that if you're going to own a $50k car (original price) that you should treat it like one. That's one reason my engine bay is squeaky clean, etc. I treated my MkII the same.
-Chris ...arrogant overcompensating asshole?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quick said:
All that I have to say is that I have a MKIV and therefore I am important and know everything and you can blah blah blah
Bring your MKIV down sunday so I can let my 5m beat it's @$$ before I sell it.

:fawk:

Umm, is it BPU++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++?

:whip:

:wink:

Like I said, there are cool guys there. Most of them are probably decent folk.

As far as this site is concerened, I think that because as young as it is and because our car isnt "envied" like the MKIV we dont get have as many :dumbass: 's as SF.com.

:wedrunk:

·
Registered
790 Posts
The thing that really kills me about the Mk IV crowd is how many of them don't conisder and of the other years to be "real" Supras. I haven't run into it in person (we happen to have some good Mk IV owners here in the NW), but all the Cali Mk IV owners/wanna-be Mk IV owners on SF get on my nerves from time to time. I mean, what arrogance! :mad: Well, with a Mk III I could understand it, but... ( :wink: that was a joke, for all you MkIII owners about to flame me)

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
I'd rather have my MKII than any MKIV. Most of those MKIV owners bought them after F&F (terrible movies, what a joke, "I'm afraid of my daddys car..", bunch of pussies.).

I have owned a MKII since '86 and at one time 3.

Anyway lets see a real car movie like the original Italian Job, they did more with Minis than anyone has ever done with a MKIV.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
rsdeo said:
Anyway lets see a real car movie like the original Italian Job, they did more with Minis than anyone has ever done with a MKIV.
Sorry to play devil's advocate, but who gives a $hit about what someone did with a car in a movie?

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,465 Posts
rsdeo said:
I'd rather have my MKII than any MKIV. Most of those MKIV owners bought them after F&F (terrible movies, what a joke, "I'm afraid of my daddys car..", bunch of pussies.).

I have owned a MKII since '86 and at one time 3.

Those wannabes were around long before FNF. It doesn't help that the SF mascot car is complete rice either.

The types who are into the flaunt it thing bother me most, calling older Supras non-Supras and old POSs not realizing that they them selves are driving 5 to 9 year old Toyotas...

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
I always looked at it this way: "Without the MK II there would be no MK IV..." That usually shuts them up.

Personally while I like all four generations, I like the MK II and MK III the best. Must be the pop-up headlights... ;) However, if I found a decent MK IV I could afford, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Take a look at this thread...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=23452d881c89ae03064250e5725db7a4&threadid=139031

Everyone has their own reasons of getting a car. Some do it to impress other people. Some do it and then realize they can't afford it (hence putting the dime store mods on it). Others are enthusiasts and get a car because of its relation to their psyche - like the feeling they get when driving on their favorite road with no-one around.

Regards,
James (one of many multi-gen supra owners)

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i love this quote:
"As an aside... I see a lot of MKIV people feeling it is the ultimate car ever to be built... heh... you're all in for a hard shock one day. I don't believe the MKIV is the ultimate... nor is my MKIII... nor is any car. There will always be something to surpass it one day... and when it comes I hope it doesn't emotinally damage too many of you It's a car... it's aging... enjoy it for what it is and stop the ego crap There will always be someone or something somewhere who will hand you your butt on a platter." --51Cards

NO SHIT, lol, have these people never heard of a mclaren F1, or a porsche turbo, or any number of exotics...
hell, i recall seeing a lotus elise that will hand a BPU supra its ass, and IIRC correctly, it was a factory variant.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
quick

Sorry to play devil's advocate, but who gives a $hit about what someone did with a car in a movie?
You did or you wouldn't have bought that MKIV and still be driving that riced out Civic.

You left yourself wide open for that one.

Tell everyone the truth I've been disapointed ever since the MKII was replaced. I've never had the desire for any other Supra after the MKII. Nice cars in thier own rights though and you can never go wrong owning a Toyota.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
i'm also thinkin of gettin a mkIV

I want it bone stock with no mods done to it......and it'll stay that way.

When I want to race, I'll take out the MKII. :lol:

In truth....during the big meet this year I was parked on Younge street here in toronto......this street is as busy as the streets of New York,NY.
I was parked along side a curb with a sweet black MKIV in front of me.
This MKIV was getting alot of attention. I was somewhat discouraged about this. But when I stopped paying attention to the MKIV I noticed that people were paying just as much attention to my MKII. I came to the assumption....why pay 30-40 grand for a car when I can get the same attention with my little MKII.

My point...a supra is a supra is a supra. and no matter what model you have...we are all proud to be Supra luvers,and we shouldn't knock anyone else.

Personally I have no time for anyone who has there nose in the air because of what they drive. If they want to do so they should create there own forum or club... Maybe call it" Nose In The Air Club"... any other suggestions.

Thats why I created the MKII video. I was tired of seeing vids of ONLY MKIV'S.

I was lookin at a promo vid off of kazaa for the las vegas meet this year, and the only supras in it was MKIV's. What's up with that.I'm sure there had to be other Models of supras there as well?

Maybe next year I'll make it to Las vegas. And i'll create a video titled
"Supras Envade Las Vegas... excluding MKIV's". :rotfl:

But I'm not like that...And when I get My MKIV I'll prove it :wink: .

Later
Mark

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
As 4 the thread [posted above] It sound to me that the mkiv owners are afraid that they will be treated the same way that they have treated the owners of older model supras...Cry me a river :(

Later
Mark

1 - 20 of 63 Posts