Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my muffler today after waiting for like three weeks. I took some pics of it. I know, I know its a ricer muffler but different strokes for different folks right :wink: . I also took pics of my catco cat too.

Here is a pic of my Muffler and my cat :lol:

All of these will be put into my White supra with 2.5" pipping and DT Headers, soon :D

What do you guyz think?
Laterz, Zankone

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another pic of my cat in HCogeHC's muffler :lol:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Hahaha....love the pics of the cat in the muffler. I do have one question though, and hopefully HCogeHC will be able to answer this...

What the heck does HCogeHC mean??? That's been bugging me ever since I saw him start posting on the forum.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been wondering what his name means. I guess, well....did his parents not love him enough or.... :)

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Judging by that last picture... you weren't kidding when you said EVERYTHING in that picture was going into the Supra...

Cute kitty, and nice muffler!

·
Registered
310 Posts
HC--> HoundCrawler
oge--> Initials Omar Elizalde the "G" is just 4 novelty.
HoundCrawler was my moniker for the list its also a screen name i made up for online gaming. I just came up with "HCogeHC" to name my car. I wanna change my licence plate to "HCogeHC".
while zank was taking pics i went on and took some pics of my car too.
sorry they are big files

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same type of muffler, 2.5inlet 4.0 out

its LOUD, sounds nice, but something you will deffently want that silencer in for. and IMO, its nice looking on the MKII

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
So how much of a horsepower gain are you expecting from the kitty :lol:
I know...it depends on the size of the hamster wheel :lol:
Oh I am cracking myself up today :D

-Wil

·
Registered
310 Posts
YEa my muff gets pretty loud it turns on alarms though i have never been stoped by a cop i even thry to piss them off by downshifting hard to rev the engine but they dont follow. :twisted: :fist:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Some people do some weird stuff for a little kitty. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
HCogeHC said:
YEa my muff gets pretty loud it turns on alarms d :fist:
Yea mine too...around 2400rpm(although truthfully only one car several times :lol: )

-Wil

·
Registered
174 Posts
man, I love going into crowded parking garages and making noise...

my noise = more noise :lol:

I gotta get one of those shineys... my canadian tire bomb dosent impress anyone and before I do, I should ask a few Q's

what kind of loud is it? because my loud is like, a kind high frequency tinny sound rather than a growl like many other cars. I found that I got a more tinny sound when I removed the cat (as in catalytic converter... I figured that kind of thing needs clarifying in this thread :D )

I have 2 inch piping, what kind of sound differences does larger piping make?

·
Registered
310 Posts
my car does a nice deep tone sound. When i floor it the sound, sounds like a f1 formula car, nice. Ill see if i can record some sounds 4 u guys. I will also rev the car and drop the clutch around 4rpms. Dont matter i have a BHG and i will buy a new clutch till then i will beat the sh!t out of the car till it gives :twisted: .

·
Registered
151 Posts
good for you that you haven't been pulled by the cop with that loud muffler... well i have a 2.5 cat back, gutted muffler, and a 2.5inX2.5dual flowmaster and that thing is loud as hell as to many poeple thought i have a small block under my hood and it sound like a nasty 5.0 mustang just idling.... and when i punched it it roars really loud with very deep tone on the lower rpms and and mad [email protected]% low tone while steeping the pedal on the floor through the rpm band... well not to be proud or anything but I have been pulled over for 3 times already and only had 1 ticket out of the 3...

well now i am looking for some really quiet exhaust w/ 3.5inlet for turbo is coming back to my supra after blowing out last year at NOPI in VMP

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
That cat is soo cute.......but umm i hope you remember to take it before he starts the car.....lol bye bye kitty....

·
Registered
237 Posts
HCogeHC said:
my car does a nice deep tone sound. When i floor it the sound, sounds like a f1 formula car, nice. Ill see if i can record some sounds 4 u guys. I will also rev the car and drop the clutch around 4rpms. Dont matter i have a BHG and i will buy a new clutch till then i will beat the sh!t out of the car till it gives :twisted: .
I know exactly what you mean!! :p There isn't anything better than a nice free flowing 2.5" exhaust and header on a 6M! Now just to get a 2.5" cat and collector pipe. With the MAF it's only going to get better.

·
Registered
310 Posts
jr85mk2 said:
I know exactly what you mean!! :p There isn't anything better than a nice free flowing 2.5" exhaust and header on a 6M! Now just to get a 2.5" cat and collector pipe. With the MAF it's only going to get better.
I have a stock cat at the moment but i also bought the same cat zank posted up. Cant wait till i install it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
HCogeHC said:
quote]
I have a stock cat at the moment but i also bought the same cat zank posted up. Cant wait till i install it.
From the same litter? :lol:

-Wil
still feeling giddy

·
Registered
48 Posts
i bought my first supra without a muffler on it from a used car dealer, it was loud but not that loud, a lot of my friends liked the way it sounded.
it did seem a bit loud driving at highway speeds though since it was hard to hear your passenger speaking to you with all the noise from the air rushing by and the exhaust screaming. sounded a lot like an indy car around 3k+ rpm's.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Heh heh.....try driving 20 minutes to work and back with an open header! Talk about loud :shock: ! Especially at full throttle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts