Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this last night.
1984 "Root Beer" Brown, 137k miles, Automatic, Hardtop, Leather interior, PERFECT DASH!, A/C!!, Sexy (straight body and shiny paint), & Louvers.
I'm now wondering why it's called root beer brown if the color code is deep maroon...

The Supra Billboard is a vinyl sticker and not the original decal. I'm debating whether or not I'm going to remove it or just leaving it alone. So far I like it.

Idle:

Outside temp:

A/C temp after 5 minutes of idling:

AC after driving a while then parking and keeping a steady 2,000 Rpms for this shot.

Sparkles:

After a car wash:

Me: (Where's the big tooth green faced smile like =D?)
:mm_hump-l

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey, My car has a twin in California. Only thing different is that I had the anomoly of L-type interior, (I've even got louvers but I have yet to put on though)! Nice purchase, Nice car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, My car has a twin in California. Only thing different is that I had the anomoly of L-type interior, (I've even got louvers but I have yet to put on though)! Nice purchase, Nice car. :thumbsup:
Got pics? And thank you very much! =)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Good deal! Looks to be in great shape. I love that maroon leather interior, and the seats are in excellent shape! Looks to only need a few parts to make it perfect. The tinted windows help to make the car appear to almost be black.

In 84 if you got the leather interior, you didn't get the sunshade/wing. Seems kinda strange since you'd want to protect those leather seats from the sun.

That thing needs a dash cover to protect it, and a steering wheel cover (or an extra wheel) to preserve the maroon one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah I'll post some links, pictures are on a few different threads. I really should make a thread with all of the pictures I have of my car. I also had an 85 that was painted maroon but it was originally SDR, I sold it.

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?68397-2013-celicasupra-com-calendar-get-me-pics!!&p=790453&highlight=#post790453

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?51327-Pictures-of-my-84-and-my-brothers-84(lots-of-pics)&highlight=

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?48203-Just-a-few-pictures-of-my-84P

and for old times sake heres my first post from the day I brought her home, no wash or cleaning done.
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?41627-new-owner-of-an-84-supra&p=482896&highlight=#post482896

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good deal! Looks to be in great shape. I love that maroon leather interior, and the seats are in excellent shape! Looks to only need a few parts to make it perfect. The tinted windows help to make the car appear to almost be black.

In 84 if you got the leather interior, you didn't get the sunshade/wing. Seems kinda strange since you'd want to protect those leather seats from the sun.

That thing needs a dash cover to protect it, and a steering wheel cover (or an extra wheel) to preserve the maroon one.
It had a steering wheel cover but I took it off. The previous owner said that the steering wheel cover came with the car and they never took it off. I took it off instantly lol! Fresh steering wheel for muh hands! I really want to get a car cover to continue keeping it in great condition and stay protected from the sun.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Nice - tint and louvers look great on your car. (MKIII too?)

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
A nice car. I walked out my front door like 5 times to go get this, however, Washington State makes it VERY hard to bring in out of state salvaged title cars. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
A nice car. I walked out my front door like 5 times to go get this, however, Washington State makes it VERY hard to bring in out of state salvaged title cars. Congrats!
OH dang! I guess I owe the state of Washington a big thanks for my new car.

Nice - tint and louvers look great on your car. (MKIII too?)
Yeah, that mkiii is my 88 and needs some work to pass smog and TONS of work to look pretty again. I just didn't want to deal with fixing anything and bought a working car.

I'm pretty sure the stock billboard "SUPRA" on the hatch was vinyl. Looks like the correct stock placement with the key hole centered in the "P" of the SUPRA.

I vote to leave it alone. Is there obvious evidence the car has been re-painted?
It looks like it's been re-painted to me, or maybe re-clear coated. I'm not a paint professional but I'll try to get some good pics of what makes me think it's been re-sprayed. But either way, I aint trippin. It looks fantastic!

·
Registered
598 Posts
congrats:thumbsup:
i really like the look of the car with the louvers nice find.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
congrats:thumbsup:
i really like the look of the car with the louvers nice find.
I didn't like the louvers at first. But now I totally love them!

Wow, that is a NICE car! Looks in fantastic condition, so keep it that way :D

Congrats, man! Looks like you got a great deal!
Thanks!

Congrats on finding such a well maintained, rare color Supra!
Do you have any mods or swaps planned? Or are you going to try & keep it mostly original?
I plan on getting a car cover and using it as much as possible.
The engine in my 88 was originally for my 83, but i ended up selling the 83 because it would not pass smog for it's life. I still want a mkii with 7mgte!
I may give that car to a friend or keep it around for a bit to use that engine in this one.
My other 84 had a LJM Strut Tower Bar and when that car got impounded all i needed was a 12 or 14mm wrench to save that and I couldn't. =''(
I want another! lol I plan to make many performance mods but will be completely happy if it stays stock.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts