Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most people call me Sam to my face- who knows what behind??? I'm from Vanc, WA . I have prob talked to alot of you on the phone and met some at Chimp's 09 NW meet.
My first Supra I drove was a beat down 85 hunk o junk that I almost bought for $400 bucks, I liked it but it was a real project, after looking awhile and finding nothing, I bought a mk4. Awesome car, will prob have another one someday. It got way too much attention and alot of wrong attention for me and it wasn't as comfy as the mk2. So after a year I sold it and looked for a new old project- I considered all sorts of mfg's and ended up realizing that the 85 mk2 had all of the creature comforts,features and character I wanted with little to no compromises. :sarcasm: Plus I know where to find parts :salute: Anyhow, I was driving down the road and I see a decent looking car turn the corner and pass me, it had a for sale sign in it, flip a U and track it down in the mall parking lot. And after Ra'Man came over to look it over with me I ended up buying it a couple days later. Here's what I got....

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
After 5min with a rag....
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

So that's my story and my plans for 2010 are to keep it nice & make it nicer, make it handle in the fall, maybe a little turbo action the following year-peace

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
You've got to be kidding??!!!!! That is awesome.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Yup...Sam found a real nice car...color me almost jealous (no red cars for me ever again). It is by far one of the cleanest MkIIs I've seen in these parts in quite a while

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kudos. I'll be posting up some pics of the clean up in the resto area in a couple months. Hopefully it will be fully detailed by Centralia.

Red wasn't my first, second or fifth color choice but it had my fav interior :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
freakin super clean. Love the car...its a stock version of my car.

When I first got my car I HATED the red. after a month or so it really really grew on me. Then when I started adding my black accents, and tinted windows and lights, I really loved it.

I know that car is too clean to do a bunch of modding to,

but what are your plans for it??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
freakin super clean. Love the car...its a stock version of my car.

When I first got my car I HATED the red. after a month or so it really really grew on me. Then when I started adding my black accents, and tinted windows and lights, I really loved it.

I know that car is too clean to do a bunch of modding to,

but what are your plans for it??
My first red car was the mk4 so I think the neg. attention has left a little sour taste. It is a darker red so I like the color better already.

I will mod it in time, this year, I plan to make it as pristine & clean as I can, get a new steering wheel, brake lines, fluids,etc(a list of new owner stuff)short shifter and maybe some suspension stuff. Mainly drive and enjoy.

I was actually checking out your build and will have some pm's coming your way once I fully read everything- very nice from what I've read so far

·
Registered
325 Posts
WOW man nice car engin bay needs a lil tune up but the rest of the car looks amazing super great find

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Nice Sam, very nice. Can't wait to see it in person again.
If you need help, or want a professional detail done. Hit me up, it's what I do every day. I'll make it look brand new. I can't wait to see it in person man.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
wow, that leather seems very nice.
Nice car ! (I'm biased)

·
Registered
155 Posts
that thing is hella nice man I wish I had that interior combo in mine very nice

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I have done the same thing, U turn and all. Not many left like that for sale.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts