Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bought it a couple days ago, mint interior and body; also no rust at all. and it runs like crap looool, but i'm going to put this into it, so i'm pretty stoked.

soooo.... pics

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
They're always a fun car in the winter. I remember scraping the windshield driving to school. Yes, scraping the inside of the windshield so I could see to drive!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I had a '72 Convertible, in bright orange. Enjoy it and realize how far automotive technology has come.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
damn my first car was an 68, 4 speed, love that suckers, i remember when i was 14 n i took my bro n my sister for a ride without a license, i miss those days in my old neighbordhood.

keep it !!!!! at least u wont have overheating problems

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
your engine rebulid kit is JUNK
look into boxer motors from the porsche's look at the 914 they are
2500cc's they are amazing motors in the VW

·
Premium Member
7,926 Posts
Get a '65 or later Corvair stock 110hp engine with a reverse cam...

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I've had many VW's and early Corvairs - used to love air cooled engines - I prefer the Vdubs though. Never had a Porsche, too rich for my blood!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is it more expensive? because i'm not really looking to build a race car haha although that would be awesome, i'm rebuilding the engine cause it sucks right now and i figure i might as well bump it up a notch wail i'm at it.

·
Premium Member
7,926 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i looked around a bit and couldn't find anything, if you had any links that'd be pretty sweet, thanks

If you get down to the SF Bay Area you have to visit the Buggy House in Hayward, been around for decades, very cool place lots of goodies...

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/IbpeZuEay8_--2WhA8VNrA?select=mUQT8QedlYdiMd7lZhNQcg
looks pretty badass, hope i get a chance.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hmm sweet.
One of my side projects one of these days is a shortened vw frame for the manx style fiberglass dunebuggy shell I have!
It's gonna be great in the summer time.

Looks good! B

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
wooo wooo wooo there budy
the porsche motors are pretty cheap under $2000

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm intrigued, however still skeptical. whats wrong with my current kit anyway? just not great parts or too much money? they're all performance parts so i'm confused.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
becasue why build that kit when you can build a porsche motor and get a extra 500 to 1000 cc's

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Double :thumbsup: on Hayward, it's the best for buggies...check out the "VW Idiot Book"!! Also wished I could have slapped a Porsche motor in, but didn't have the cash at the time, luckily I bought a beater for $25 (which had a new engine). The guy had rocks in his head, he couldn't get it started. I pulled off the oil filter before turning it over and there were rocks in there too, lol. It's a classic - go for the GOLD! Nice ride, good luck with that!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
That is an amazing find! I'm not a fan of the Beetle, but I surely appreciate the nice condition that yours is in. My cousin put in a Porsche motor in a VW bus, and that definately earned respect!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your Beetle looks great inside! Have you found any rust yet? Here's a crappy pic of my 68.

They are fun little cars and it looks like yours is in great shape. Good luck with the motor swap; Ive been fortunate with mine and haven't had any engine problems.
Are you going to do the swap yourself?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts