Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my new project home :woot:. here is a quick picture of what I get to deal with in the next few weeks. I'll post a build thread up when I have more time however,

Comments?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'll take the first stab. What is it? hehe.

·
Registered
987 Posts
1uz has 6 bolt mains I believe, and I count 6 mains in there.
Fun project, I hope to do the same.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fine ill spill the beans. I have decided to wait to post the build thread of my supra just because I wanted to be mostly done if not done and be like hey, check it out. My friend Brett did a 1UZ into his mk3 and this motivated me to do the same on my mk2. I bought the 1996 SC400 engine last march with the intentions of converting it to front sump (required for the mk2) with this totaled LS400 my buddy was scraping. So since then I have been gathering parts, and from the looks of it right now all I need is a drive shaft, which i will order at the end of this week. I am waiting on my transmission adapter to arrive in the mail from New Zealand, and once that Arrives I can mount the motor + transmission. I have been prepping the block for the last week as I finally got it home from my friends porch. I am doing a W58 manual conversion as the W58, which I have two of (one from my 5M, and one from the 7M-GE i swapped in which blew a head gasket last fall, and once i fixed that threw a rod this spring... this is why i am done with M series engines), can handle basically all the power I want from this engine in the next year or so. When my friend did his 1UZ conversion, I believe he helped draw up the bolt pattern for the particular person who made his custom flywheel (R154 and W58 Patterns on it) and the guy actually mailed him two flywheels, so he sold me the second one with a matching clutch at a steal. Its a stock 3S-GTE flywheel modified for the 1UZ. These following pictures show the slight progression I have had

The clutch disk I am going to use, kinda overkill...??? nah.

Peewee's extremtly high quality mounts

The Hydraulic throwout I will be using with Phil Bradshaw's W58 conversion plate when it arrives.

- My 96 SC400 motor (higher compression and like 10-15 HP/TQ more than the early model uz, weaker rods but still as strong as the w58)

Pulling the LS400 motor I am getting an oil pan from

Upper intake removed

Lower Intake off

Oil pan off to prep for front sump conversion

A dirty version of myself, and an uncleaned engine with no sump

Painted the block, head got painted today without pictures

Test fitting the longblock with Peewee's amazing mounts

Front view of the longblock mounted

Another picture of the test fit of the engine

I'll post updates when that adapter plate arrives this week hopefully

·
Registered
152 Posts
Holy Snizilikibolw! tell me what your 1/4 mile time is lol my guess is maybe 12.5

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha I wish. Im hoping for mid to high 13's with this setup N/A. The V8 puts out 268HP and 275 Torque because its the high compression motor. Thanks for the kind words, ive put a load of time and money into this project so far, and its finally starting to come together.

·
Super Moderator
8,311 Posts
One of those engines in a Mk2 would make a nice reliable daily driver :D

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Holy Snizilikibolw! tell me what your 1/4 mile time is lol my guess is maybe 12.5
Nah, more like mid to low 14s w/ 225-230rwhp. There's a member here with 1uz + 125 shot that ran a 13.0.

Nice looking motor though, very similar to 928.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
"Rochester. NY's Australia", so many v8 swaps done over their. Good luck, are you bringing it to the Toronto annual meet as well as Brett? Did he get the supercharger done yet on his?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He has not yet. I would love nothing more than to make it to the toronto meet, i talked with Brett about going. Its really up in the air and Im not quite sure my swap will be done by then. I am absolutely thrilled at the moment as my tranny adatper came in which means I can do a LOT of work this weekend. I have the entire weekend off for a sailing regatta that got canceled at the last min, so I have a chance to work on it. I'll get back to you about the meet later on, and even If I don't make it to the Toronto one, id happily meet up with you in either buffalo or Rochester, I need to see another 'nice' mk2. There are about 5 in rochester total, noone else is tuning them or on the forums.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well time for an update. Since I got all of the transmission adaption stuff done today and assembled (apart from the clutch setup which I require a flywheel bolt) I did another test fit however this time w/ full intake manifolds, paint job and tranny. I think it looks nice.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Looks absoultely badddass, you should come up to Toronto or have a meet somewhere decent for driving maybe niagra region... keep it up!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I like!Alot!
Post up a vid when you are done so we can all hear that v8 sound!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
will the stock hood be able to clear the intake mani.
It has for the few other MK2 guys, except that one with a ridiculous supercharger on it...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Time for an update. Ive been waiting for my manifold to be finished, and it finally was. I figured I would throw a few pictures of the motor right before I mounted it. Tomorrow I hope to tackle the wiring and installing the radiator, and hopefully test firing it. The tail end of this swap has taken much more time than expected, however I believe I am close, assuming I can finish it around my class and work.

·
Registered
15,024 Posts
id like to see pics of the modded celica flywehel and also the trans adaptor plate etc... swaps looking good so far.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts