Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

This is only a Photoshop! The real deal will fit much better and will have a deeper dish. I just did this to get myself more excited about them.

What do you think?

The wheels are THE ORIGINAL Watanabe RS8 Type R

Fronts 16x8+0

Rears 16x9.5-19

I can't wait for these to arrive!

Andrew

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah If they were deep dish that would be cool. good size for ride height and color of car etc, will suit YOUR supra nicely :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Imo the best looking 4 bolt rim out there, are they used or new? If you want look at the most recent pic of the day and you can see some that I got with an mr2 model that is BA. Either way nice score, can't wait to see!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! These are used. A buddy of mine who lives in Japan found them for me. I just don't want anyone to confuse these with Konig Rewinds or Sportmax.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ Check the for sale section. They are for sale! Shipping to Canada will be expensive unfortunately. I am leaving the tires on.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was planning on running 225/50/16 on the front and 245/50/16 in the rear. I'm not too great with tires. Do you think that would be fine?

I have seen JDM posers stretching 195s on a 9 inch rim...I think the damn wheel looks like a yo-yo at that point.

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Those tire sizes shouldn't be too ridiculous if there even is a stretch. Whats the suspension set-up on your car? I assume you got the 1jz running?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There were some issues with the wiring after a while, and I couldn't handle it. So I took it to a local shop that has a lot of 1JZ experience. I found a great deal on a Stinger EMS, so they hooked that up for me. It should be done in a month. They are fixing some strut tower rust while they are at it. It's a Winter blunder-land here in Chicago, so I can wait.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Is 9.5 -19 on the rear going to fit without rubbing? Though I am thinking it may if you run a good amount of negative camber.

I'm at 9.5 0 and it's pretty close to my fender flare's lip (non-modified). I did pull the rear camber out awhile back, however.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I have read on here, I don't think they are going to rub. Don L is running 15x10-13 in the back with no problem.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fresh off the plane from Japan a couple hours ago!

Excuse my messy room...

Everyone has a shot where there's money in the dish. Normally a $20 or higher. Since I spent all my money on these, all I'm using is a $1 bill LOL!

If you were wondering, that is not curb rash. Just odd paint missing for some reason. There is no damage to the wheel itself. I was thinking of powder coating them bronze anyhow...

I am excited to put these on! :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
those are pure sex, you are one lucky guy!
your making me hate you lol.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts