Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Sounds like an interesting project! I wish I had an idea of what you are talking about, but I'm completely oblivious. :D I'm sure it'll be something amazing!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Sounds like an interesting project! I wish I had an idea of what you are talking about, but I'm completely oblivious. :D I'm sure it'll be something amazing!
LOL man, well here's a clue:

the dark grey vertical lines on the inside of the bell (disected view) represent the stock rotor's sidewalls (or what will be left of it as it'll be just a cylinder). I hope that makes a bit more sense. If not you can always check here http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=32241 , hopefully that should clarify things more.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thanks for all the compliments guys. That bit of reassurance is good especially when I go so far out of the box and in most cases against most of the purists standards!

Even the most hard core supra purist has to love your car yannis. You obviously set out to create the most bad ass supra money could buy and when money cant buy it you build it yoursef. You desereve all the respect in the automotive world the time and attention your giving your mkII only a purist could do. I cant wait till there is video of your car running I think I speak on behalf of the forum when I say the compleation of this project is the most highly anticipated supra project yet done. Keep up the good work.

Gabe

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Dave I'm no welder but since you mention you wanna buy a welder I presume that you know about welding. Just had some critisizing comments on my thread over at Supramania about the welds on the whole work being terrible! Now as I said i'm no welder, but I've seen some rough welding. Apart from some rough patches on the collector, would you say that this work overall is bellow average?
I'm not looking for praises honestly, I just wanna know if what I rate satisfactory is actually not.
My genuine question applies to anyone that has welding skills and can see/understand more off this proof of work than I can as a not experienced with theoretical knowledge only person.

sorry for bringing back the dead but i have been welding for a long time myself, your welds look solid, just one tip though try to keep the gas on the metal until its not glowing hot. that will keep oxidation and discoloring down.
good job!!:facesjump

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Thanks for that update! Know I see what you are talking about, it was kinda what I was thinking. I'm happy you clarfied that for me :D

Good luck with my old rotor!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's been a very long time since my last update but things have gotten really slow for the last couple of months. My mechanic decided to go real funny on me and he has not bothered working on the car for the last month or so, first taking a 10 day holiday that wasn't planned and 2 days after he returned he called sick for another 10 days :wtf: . So we had some :mm_twak:..."words" and after a big arguement I told him to f$*@k off and now I'm stranded, basically with no reliable mechanic in the horizon :mad: :censored:. As if this project wasn't really really tough as it was...

Anyway as a lame excuse of a progress update here's what I did about a tiny problem that appeared after having the downpipes done;
basically here's the problem:

you can see on the picture above that the rear downpipe is sitting real close to the block cooling pipe end. There's suppose to be a hose connected there but obviously there's no room anymore.

So I thought I should chop that pipe end from there, block it and relocate it at a point that is not obstructed. So here's what I did:

these pipes now are off to get sandblasted, powder coated and then back on the engine.

Here's an idea of where that pipe end is located after the mod:

Some off you may have realized that the relocated pipe end is now facing towards the opposite direction of where it should have had. Reason why is because I decided to relocate the whole cooling sensor thing that was originally mounted on the firewall right next to where that rear downpipe resides. I'll be using all the ma70 a/c components and that part (which I don't know how it's called but I hope you know which one I'm reffering to) is made of plastic and not metal as the stock mkii component so it would surely melt if kept on that stock position.

I'm using a rhd part that will be mounted on the opposite side of the firewall, right next to the brake booster, hence the pipe end is now facing that way.

I hope I haven't messed with the coolant circulation or any other thing the way I have these set.

that hard line did not have to be reloacted cause it does nothing in less it is jdm withc i think it is

but nice work mad props

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh man...I hate to bump this being years old but I just read this whole thread, now It seems I got dribble all over my shirt for nothing.....lol

Whatever happened to this project??? I hope it wasn't given up on..

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Omg.... I feel cheated! Haha. This is not the ending I wanted. I was so excited to see a video of it running, dyno graphs and the like. Care to provide me with some closure? What happened? Where is the car now? What happened to the build?

Hope all is well with you.
Chadrick

·
Registered
402 Posts
This is the curse of the twin turbo'd 7mgte. I'd love to see this thing come to life.

If you still have the car Im sure theres a few people out there that would be interested in the set up especially now that all the hard work is done lol

Plans to maybe return to the project and finish it off or is this long gone dead and parts dispersed?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Hello to everyone!
I guess that's a LONG, LONG overdue update that I owe to everyone that has been following and supporting me during this project.
The real sad news is that it's highly unlikely that I'll carry any more work on the car since my last updates any time soon...or ever!
I can assure everyone though that not a single bolt has been dispersed, nor have I any intentions of selling anything out, even if it's been over 10 years since the last time I have laid a hand on the car and regardless of all the adversities I've been through.
Everything is still there, in the same state it was left, not a single part gone from the..."original" collection!

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
It's a shame that it's stays un-finish, un-driven, un-seen!
Well, keeping it on the lift kind of protect it, but does use a valuable car spot in the garage.
I really hope that one day it comes back up in your priority list, this car deserve to be driven and seen!
Thanks for the update 🤗

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
Moved on to other projects?
I wish...More like NO projects since... 😔

It's a shame that it's stays un-finish, un-driven, un-seen!
Well, keeping it on the lift kind of protect it, but does use a valuable car spot in the garage.
I really hope that one day it comes back up in your priority list, this car deserve to be driven and seen!
Thanks for the update 🤗
It is a great shame indeed!!!
Mind you, though, this is the MOST valuable car in my garage Jocelyn, period!!!! In all levels, sentimental, financial, everything!!! So it's not taking up any other car's spot, she's the QUEEN!!!

Now all I can do is just stear, imagine and think what I wanted to do with her but know that it is next to impossible to accomplish...

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Have to had an accident that reduced your work habilities? I'm afraid something substantial had happen to you.
You used to do fantastic work with your hands.
If we could give you a hand to work on it, I'm sure some here would, but you are too far for most.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
Not an accident per say, but after loosing interest in the project with all the mishaps and let downs I kept having towards the end, then my whole work situation taking a turn for the worse, it lead to getting disconnected and then gradually reaching to the point of simply not being in the position to be able to carry on.

You don't even know how many times I wished I could be close by, physically, to this fantastic community. Knowing and seeing all the interest, love and help that was always readily available and on offer to me. I can't even imagine what I would have achieved if I was over there. Look how much I've done with the moral support and sharing of vast knowledge from all the valuable members from here alone!!!!

Once again, I'm so grateful and thankful just for offering to help!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
I was in process of helping someone else in Greece with a crazy custom diff.
They hit similar issues as you are stating, work, family, life ect...
Everything went on hold in the past couple years.

Hope you are able to get back to it!

261 - 280 of 280 Posts