Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am currently working on a MZ11 Soarer (81) at the moment, with the stock 5mgeu motor. The motor is stuffed, and i have dismantled most of it the past few days since ive purchased the car. I have sourced a 1G-GTE for the car, complete with ECU and wiring harness, turbo's and the lot.. going to pick it up 2moro. The only problem now is will my A43D Gearbox fit that motor? If not, does anyone know if i can bolt another supra box up to the motor and have it fit the tailshaft? Or do i have to change the lot? I can get a A340D i think it is.. gearbox relatively cheap, which i think came with the Z20 soarers and older supras. (Which bolted up to the 1G-GTE's). I know the 1G-GTE's arent the most powerful of motors, but i am currently looking at a 600x400x60 size tube and fin intercooler, and possibly a larger, single turbo (T3?), which would be mounted onto a custom exhaust manifold, with no cat (still looking at legalities of this)and a straight pipe to the rear with one muffler. With some larger injectors and a re-written chip... does anyone know of the performance gains i would expect to achieve? (Running at 12psi max for reliability reasons). Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Nate

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Nate,

The A43D that you currently have, will NOT fit. That particular tranny you have, the bellhousing shape & bolt pattern is for a M series motor, not a G series motor. You'll need to find a A43D that will have a G series bellhousing.

Whoops, I just kept reading... The A340D that you are looking at, that came from a 1G-GEU, should also easily bolt onto the 1G-GTE.

Also, do you know if that 1G will clear the MZ11 crossmember???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A G series bell housing.. hmm, thats going to be hard to find, is there a significant difference between the A43D's and the A340D's? I guess, newer is "usually" better. But, i want to do as little mods as possible.. Im not too sure on the wiring harnesses either.. will i have to chop change wires etc.. and source which goes where.. or should it all mainly be plug and play due to also being a soarer? (just an older one)

*hopes for the best*

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, i got the 1G-GTE sitting here.. complete, in pieces though :p Intercooler, two working turbos.. all except crank, and wiring harness and ECU.. now i need to find out if the 5MGEU wiring harness will fit. I know the Z2 Soarers came with the 1G-GTE's, but unsure if the Z1's M Series ones will fit the motor. Also, there is a Wolf 2D computer i can get for cheap... "to fit RX7" or something like that.. can if be modified to fit my soarer? And are these any good? I dont care about quality, as long as i can edit boost. Thats all i really want it for.. its DIRT CHEAP! and working :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts