Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll. I'm frequently in the 7mgte forum because that's what I am putting in my mk2. BUT I have friend that drives a mk4 w/2jzgte. He is from Kentucky, and he does not use the forums and has dial-up modem connection(so forget it anyways). His Supra won't start and he sounds rookie'ish about it. I would like a phone contact for him if someone would be kind enough to give me their phone number in a PM. Like I said I don't know shit about it but want to help him, he definitely needs forum assistance. And he will be coming to our GA meet in June at the Atlanta Dragway too.

So Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Fuel:
Pressure/Injector Opening
(Quick/Dirty)Test pressure by cranking the car over and then cracking loose one of the fuel lines and see if anything sprays out. Test injector opening by probing the two pins of the injector clip with a multimeter.

Spark: Timing and getting spark on all 6
Timing light on each plug wire.

Compression:
Compression tester

--billyM

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you william man, says he put a new battery in it and when he turns the key, absolutely nothing. Said he replaced two blown fuses. headlights work, keyless intry ???says he thinks its a security lockdown type problem, but he sounds really lost. Are there any performance shops that work on Supras up around Kentucky? dont want him to have to goto a country bumpkin toyota dealership that is gonna charge mass money and not solve nothin. any more advice I would appreciate and deliver to him. possibly ignitor?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to get back on this thread another day gotta go to work, but I left him a message, asked him did it turn over? did the starter make a clicking noise? did it do anything.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok he said when he turns the key, nothing happens, can unlock with key. when he turns the key nothing

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds like something is wrong with the car then.

Does the man have a voltmeter? Does anything else in the car turn on? Your really asking a lot though.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
when he turns the key on does he get any power to the windows or stereo? if not, its bad connection probly at ground. if he does get power but no turn over check for in line fuse to starter or connection of hot wire for starter, check all fuses under hood. if none of that works, it could be his security system putting the shut down on it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tell him to get on the forum...

...this go-between garbage of a waste of time.

--billyM
I know this, but he has a 56k modem, and he doesnt know that the forums is the shit

·
Registered
118 Posts
thank you william man, says he put a new battery in it and when he turns the key, absolutely nothing. Said he replaced two blown fuses. headlights work, keyless intry ???says he thinks its a security lockdown type problem, but he sounds really lost. Are there any performance shops that work on Supras up around Kentucky? dont want him to have to goto a country bumpkin toyota dealership that is gonna charge mass money and not solve nothin. any more advice I would appreciate and deliver to him. possibly ignitor?
if he thinks it is a security lockdown issue have him lock the passenger door with the key then unlock the passenger door with the key then try to start it. not sure if the mk4s have the same setup as the mk3s for the antitheft system but that procedure usually works on the mk3s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts