Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Be prepared to go get one. NO shipping. What's up with yours? Pin holes or just a LOT of rust inside?

·
Registered
13 Posts
  1. I took an 85 from Louisiana with a complete rust bucket tank, cycled vinegar in and out 3 times over 50 gallons worth and between spraying it out after and the vinegar, I sealed my whole tank with a redcote. I'm told by the directions it seals pinholes. Up to I think maybe 1/16 or an 1/8" now, I had no holes. But it worked great for me. I also ordered a new set of internals and gaskets. About to finish tank into car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
  1. I took an 85 from Louisiana with a complete rust bucket tank, cycled vinegar in and out 3 times over 50 gallons worth and between spraying it out after and the vinegar, I sealed my whole tank with a redcote. I'm told by the directions it seals pinholes. Up to I think maybe 1/16 or an 1/8" now, I had no holes. But it worked great for me. I also ordered a new set of internals and gaskets. About to finish tank into car
I cleaned it with vinegar and got at least 1 pinhole. I think I found one in decent shape. Just gotta pick it up. But if it falls through that's my next option
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts