Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all. I'm installing my lowering springs and not sure what's available. I may use KYB gas adjust as I may need to adjust them down to take into account the car being lowered.
my email: [email protected] if you want to email some tips or if you have the parts to sell.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
KYB gas adjust is a misnomer, for the MKII application their not actually adjustable, I think what you are looking for is the KYB AGX
KYB AGX 765015 (supposedly adjusted with a screwdriver), or is it the KYB AGX MR2 rear insert 765016? (adjusted with a knob)

In one of my supras I had the eibachs (f+r) mated with the KYB gas adjusts and they work together just fine, but if you want adjustable go with the AGX

will

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I will price them both. If the gas adjust don't blow out due to being lowered, I will go with them.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
They also haven't made KYB Gas-a-Justs for the front in two decades or better. Still available in the rear and match VERY well with standard lowering springs. Highly suggested!

For the fronts it was Tokico HP's but those have dried up in the USA for whatever reason (supposedly distribution issues) and now we're limited to the MR2 rear AGX cartridges with washers or the T3 spacers to make up for the shorter cartridges.

Cheers,
-BillyM

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was afraid that being the case. Ok, gas adjust for the rear but what is out there for the front?

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MR2 rear AGX cartridges is my only option? With washers? I assume you put the washers in the bottom of the strut tube----not sure what to do.

·
Super Moderator
8,311 Posts
I mean technically you can probably run any 2nd gen MR2 rear shock. Then you use it with these;

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
KYB still has the Excel-G for the fronts..
KYB Suspension Strut Cartridge Excel-g Strut Cartridge Part# 365076

Napa also has a option for stock replacement
NAPA OESpectrum Struts NS 73951

will

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx, guys for the all the info. Always productive, picking your brains for ideas.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would say use the AGX setup with the T3 nut/spacer (which should eliminate the need for washers). This way you will also get the extra suspension travel. Although I will say the AGX make the car ride pretty stiff, so if you have bad roads you may want to consider that.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
I'm sure you can get the Koni Yellows in the MR2 application still too. They cost more, but they are a better damper. I've never run the Koni AGXs in one of my own cars, but I had the precursor to those and my Koni's had shockingly better ride quality then them. I've run 450 and 500lb springs with my Konis. As I recall, the front sw20 MR2 shocks are taller and softer, they might pare well with the old Eibachs.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I have some old tokico illuminas that look to be in good shape, some KYB agx's, as well as even gas-adjusts. Shoot me a PM with your zip code and i'll make you a fair price shipped for whichever you want. I'm just now shuffling through my shop after selling one of the mk2's, and emptying out the parts car that was full of goodies before parting it out as well. I need to do a massive for sale post eventually, but i'm happy to just poke my head in and offer parts when I see people asking for them :D

·
Premium Member
7,842 Posts
Gamble new springs in the wrapper??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts