Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 82 Celica Supra that we ran in one 24 hour Lemons race and blew the engine. I am looking for a replacement engine or a donor car. Interested in 5, 6 or 7, mtge. prefer to have wiring harness and ecu with the new engine. Prefer non turbo motor as well. I am located near Charlotte, NC.

If there are any suggestions of good places to help me look for the engine that would be appreciated as well!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I've got a couple of 5MGE's.

They came out of running 85 cars - will work in yours but you'll need to keep the electronics off of yours or do some major rewiring (they also have a few more hp than the 82 motor :) )

(BTW - I think I bought the interior out of your car - you showed me one of your other projects when I was there)

·
Registered
456 Posts
ive got an 84 5mge for sale right now (on ebay)
if you want it ill end the auction early for $650 shipped. though, bidding isnt up that high on it right now, has less than a day to go, and there are only 4 watchers on it... so if you check it out you can prolly get it for a deal...
engien is fully dressed and comes with;
- uncut harness
- air meter
- M/T ECU
- starter
- alternater
- power steering pump
- new head gasket
- new timing belt kit
- new oil pain gasket
- dizzy

heres the run down;
240k mile engine
head was just re-done less than 50 miles ago
when the heads were re-done they got updated 85+ cams (larger oil ports)
dry compression when pulled after sitting for a few days was (from front to rear) 142,150,150,140,150,150psi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts