Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i need a bit of my 5m won't start have new leads etc, it will turn over but will not firew or even look like it will fire i have replaced the cold start injector think thats what you call it, the motor is in my hilux surf had no problems with it before, took motor out and put back int and thats when the problems started,there is gas geting to the fuel rail but from there itis not igniting,conectors were all lable, i am at a lose please help or give my some ideas,:32:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
So you just took the motor out and put it back? Nothing was removed such wiring harness, distributor, nothing. More info as to what exactly you did, since you say motor was running prior to being pulled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well a bit more the head was taken of and cleaned at an engine shop with seals etc replaced, i put the head back on cam marks all lined up with cover, turned motor to tdc, put dizzy back in hooked up wires and lined up with no1 cylinder and from there turned it over with no go

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Could be that ground wire that bolts to the intake manifold, or distributor is off. Defends on what you did.
well a bit more the head was taken of and cleaned at an engine shop with seals etc replaced, i put the head back on cam marks all lined up with cover, turned motor to tdc, put dizzy back in hooked up wires and lined up with no1 cylinder and from there turned it over with no go
Did you make sure you bolted on the ground harness? If you do not bolt that back on the manifold, the injectors will not fire (it is the ground harness for the injectors).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
may sound stupid but do you have a pic of what i would be looking for. i have a ground wire at the back on the intake side but may have it hooked wrong so a pick would be good if you can help cheers craig

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might also check the Ignition coil, or the pick up coil in the dizzy is shot! I had the same problem, checked the Ignition coil, and it didn't spark! Turned out it was the pick up coil in the dizzy! They both need each other to make a spark. The ignition coil sends the info to the dizzy and the dizzy sends it back telling it its working good and then pass the power to the plugs! Good luck!

·
Registered
818 Posts
i dont know if you found the wire harness for the injectors but if you look under or through your intake man. it is a little set of like 5 white wire hooked attached with one eye connector. if you see it just screw it onto one of the bolts holding on the top portion of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
342 Posts
check the simple stuff like your vacuum lines, MAF sensor, ground wires, etc.

·
Registered
515 Posts
may sound stupid but do you have a pic of what i would be looking for. i have a ground wire at the back on the intake side but may have it hooked wrong so a pick would be good if you can help cheers craig
You don't even want to know how long it took me to find this to be the problem on my last swap. I had the SAME condition as you:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts