Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys everything is either here or on its way for my 6MGTE project. If you guys want I will keep updates and take pictures of my HG/studs install and everything else caue Im going to be starting this weekend.
Parts I have so far:

Rabid Chimp 3" DP & oil/coolant line kits for the ct-26, Cartech RRFPR, walbro 255lph FP, RC balanced 295cc injectors, an AFC2 that wont work and Ill be taking out, HKS 2mm bead type metal HG, ARP head studs (both for 7M), MK3 intercooler/3000 pipe thats going to have all custom IC piping and thats it except for the turbo and manifold and stuff...

Parts Im going to need advice on and don't have right now:

Better ignition, better clutch and some way that will alow me to better tune my fuel injectors aside from the stock AFM. And lastly an oil filter relocation kit. Id like to know where/what kind to get. So if anyone knows if theres anything I can buy that will allow me to have control over the output of my injectors then lemme know :shock: Ill be taking lots of pictures for everyone starting this weekend.

Austin

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I think imactually one people who posted the most in that clutch thread... Ive read it to many times. I dotn really need advice for that, I want mroe advice for the AF correction thing. Im really going to need to do something quick herecause I dont want to run teh car on the afm alon as I know it will run shitty. So any suggestions as to what to do for the a/f correction? Thanks

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I didn't read anything about gauges. You need boost and AF mixture. Unless you are using the stock blow-off you need one of those and get a manual boost controller in the mean time they are cheap and mine works pretty well. BTW, I have the above mentioned items with stock injectors, MSD box and the AFM tuning and mine runs fantastic, no problems and no issues.

·
Founding Member
6,433 Posts
For ignition, you've got a few choices. The most popular, but not necessarily the best is MSD. They offer a BTM device that works with your stock ignition for only $175 or so. Also, Holley offers one for around $300 but if spending that much, you might as well buy one of the full ignition upgrade setups which include the MSD6BTM, the Mallory BTC or the Crane HI6TRC all in the $300 to $400 range. FWIW, I've had heat soak problems with MSD units and thats a pretty common complaint about them.

I wouldn't run the 295 injectors without some sort of piggyback fuel computer and even so, it'll run rich at idle and low speeds. Use the stock injectors with the cartech, walbro and ignition retard and you'll be fine unless you plan to try some crazy boost.

Phil D.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is really a downer for me then. I just bought the 295's and got them balaced at RC :cry: I know what I need I just need to know if there is anything out there. I cannot find anythign for our cars. Basically I just want to know if there is any other way to adjust the fuel mixture aside from an afc, standalone and the stock MAF if I were to use the 295's.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Why cant you tighten the AFM wheel to get it to idle ok then use the FMU to richen things up under boost? It probably wont have a perfect curve but it is worth a shot since you have everything already.

295cc injectors will idle fine if the AFM is set correctly.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Im sure what will work Mark, but ever since I saw your "new dyno" post you knwo what I want :lol: I mean I guess Ill try it for now and see how it runs, if its ok then I may leave it, if not Ill end up doing a write up and the 85 TB/sensors, ECU and the needed wiring for everything in the future. THanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have adjuste my friends white 84 w/ CT026 set-up and 295cc... the AFM is turned almost a one whole turn and it is still pig rich.

not unless you get a piggy back or a full stand alone... it would still be rich as hell

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What is wrong with your S-AFC? If you can get an S-AFC that works, you should be all set. Don't tell me about the TPS issue with the S-AFC, Mike Lewitz used the S-AFC on this '82 L-type. Otherwise, you can go with the MAF Conversion and try to get the fuel issue sorted that way. That is what I am going to use, the MAF conversion with a wide-band O2 sensor to adjust the MAF software. You may also want to consider a Fuel Pressure guage...plumb it in after the rrfpr.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I figure Im just going to get a map sensor from w/e car and use it for my TPS instead of the actual TPS. I can get a 1 bar GM sensor for like $30 and use it to tune with boost/fuel intstead of RPM/fuel...

Could you try and contact Mr. Lewitz and ask him how he hooked up his afc for the TPS signal... thanks

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nothing really...the map sensor just needs to be adapted to a boost source (from intake manifold), powered and plumed to the afc's TPS signale port. it runs off the same 0-~5 volt scale, so why not use that if my TPS doesnt work? Emails dont work...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Was able to search my address book, and it should have been [email protected]

If that doesn't work anymore, I would try emailing Leslie Grover or Jay Balducci to see if they have an updated email address.

Leslie is [email protected]
I think Jay's is [email protected]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well no input from Mike...he never got back to me.

UPDATE: Head is warped a little. I also decided to have them go ahead and recut the valves/seats, new valve seals and guides. Are there any other seals/gaskets or anything else Im going to beed to put the head back on? Im currently waiting for the guides and seals from BAP import parts. I got all my injectors wired in and pray they will work :( Still havent got my injectors back from RC engineering... Im seeing this project as taking at leist another month :cry: Oh well at leist I have the Hawk to get me around until its finished...
BTW-anyone knwo where to get a good thermostat aside form the dealer? I do not want to get a crappy autozone/checker one again? Thanks,

Austin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts